52/2016

trifecta

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Quick question - not entirely off topic. Hub and I are going for a day trip over the long weekend* - Do you guys want a (real) light house or full sized replica dutch windmill for next week?

You can only have one - they're in opposite directions.

*All travel subject to terrible weather which is forecast not eventuating.

Didi sure is a magnificent dog, dididog. I have a real soft spot for big dogs :D

Looking forward to seeing your Lighthouse shot Scottsman, I love Lighthouses, there aren't any good ones round here :)

Well I've been having a play in photoshop to create this weeks image. When I took this shot, it was pretty boring conditions. Tide was out so minimal reflection, sun was low but there were no clouds for interest. I was actually checking out the spot for a Sunrise shoot, (which I will definitely be doing in the future ) but I did have a creation in mind and after trying various things in ps, I'm happy with what turned out. I think it has an otherworldly feel to it and also the tree looks like a dancing lady. It reminds me of when the new Groot shoot is dancing at the end of Guardians of the Galaxy. :laugh:

12/52

25763244840_d0a88aefb0_c.jpgIMG_4126 by Tee Kay, on Flickr

Oops, falling behind with posting!

11/52: My best friend had a baby :) He's 2 days old here and still in hospital.

26020878011_958293d9d3_b.jpg

12/52: Lola just hanging out with me outside while I was shooting something else. I've had back to back weddings so haven't been able to find the energy to get out and shoot anything else (although I've been shooting with film a bit).

25814382810_0855515084_b.jpg

Thank you Roova! She looks pretty good for her age, actually! Her back legs are failing her, but she doesn't have too much grey.

This afternoon we went down to watch Coast Care dig up a loggerhead nest (my mum volunteers for them). I had SO much trouble choosing an image for the week, but the little flipper in this one won me over.

13/52

26045003961_574400f048_b.jpg

And the catching up theory does not compute. Plodding on:

5/52 - Crested dove on an old gate, waiting for the ducks to be fed, hopeing to snick something before the magpies move in.

P1000256B-M.jpg

6/52 - Last of a round-bale. Demolished in a week. Be a shock to them next time when it comes served under slow-feed netting.

P1000244A-M.jpg

7/52 - Ready for take-off

P1000247A-M.jpg

8/52 - Three-two-one : launch

P1000250A-M.jpg

Week 12 & yes week 13 is due.

We ended up going to the town with the windmill. The windmill was a bit crap (surprise surprise) and a lot of places in town were not dog friendly (boo) but what we did find was a lovely beach which was dog friendly AND it's only 30ish minutes from home. We kind of feel lie dunces for not realising how close it was at the beginning of summer. Not that we're big beach fans... but you know...

Anyhow... week 12. Ocean Beach, Foxton.

The colours were so muted it was hard to get a good shot. B+W was really the only option for the not so flash images I grabbed.

26151853586_3443e6e18a_z.jpgIMG_3511 by Superspanger, on Flickr

That's some delicate nose digging there! My dog would have mud to her eyes lol.

I'm behind but only have a sunset seen from my street to share. By the time I saw the sky and ran in to get the camera the colour was already changing. Like most sunsets you can't see the beauty in its entirety but it bought neighbours out of their houses to look! :)

image_zpsp5s4h5d3.jpeg

This naughty little bugger comes and goes from the house as it (?) pleases. I'm really worried 'he'll' hurt itself one day. Chases bugs in, gives me attitude. We have windows you lock open with a vertical bar - he's taken to perching on them and window hopping from room to room. So the alternate is to not open the window or leave it crack it - which creates a "OHS" risk for us. But even if the windows aren't open - he just comes and goes through the back door. Scottie just wags his tail at him.

We attract idiot animals.

25678736314_a71b6879a8_h.jpgIMG_3578 (2) by Superspanger, on Flickr

Lol @ Scottie's nose. Justice uses his nose to cover over his holes too and cracks me up when I arrive home and the only evidence that anything is amiss is his dirt covered nose. That's a gutsy little bird you've got visiting you!

Gorgeous sunset, Roova.

I won't have a photo to put up this week. I found out on Tuesday that Justice had a mast cell tumour on his shoulder and he had surgery on Wednesday to remove it, along with a few other lumps that had previously been tested and come back benign. He's got two drains in until Monday and I can't leave him for long enough to go and shoot anything. I'll try and double up next week or the week after to catch up. The good news is that I got a call this afternoon to say it's a grade 1 tumour with really clear margins and all the other lumps are fatty lumps and nothing to worry about. :)

Good to hear the lumps are taken care of. So scary. More scary then being swooped by a fantail in your own lounge room....