52/2016

trifecta

I realise this year's challenge petered out in November, however I thought I'd ask if anyone would like to do a photo challenge for 2016?

Admittedly I failed dismally this year and gave up after a few weeks, while the year before I managed to get to the end having missed 4 weeks out of 52, however it does provide an opportunity to catalogue the year week by week and is a useful tool for anyone wanting to get to know the ins and outs of their camera. I think there are a few new shutterbugs amongst us too?

For those who have not taken part before, the aim is to post one photo per week. You can choose a theme for the year, eg portraits, landscapes, dogs, street photography or just the part of the world you live in or wherever life's journey takes you.

Anyone want to join in?

Weeks

Week 1 4th - 10th January (start from the 1st and have a 10 day week if you wish :D )

Week 2 11th - 17th January

Week 3 18th - 24th January

Week 4 25th - 31st January

Week 5 1st - 7th February

Week 6 8th - 14th February

Week 7 15th - 21st February

Week 8 22nd - 28th February

Week 9 29th Feb - 6th March (Leap Year :eek: )

Week 10 7th - 13th March

Week 11 14th - 20th March

Week 12 21st - 27th March

Week 13 28th March - 3rd April

Week 14 4th - 10th April

Week 15 11th - 17th April

Week 16 18th - 24th April

Week 17 25th April - 1st May

Week 18 2nd - 8th May

Week 19 9th - 15th May

Week 20 16th - 22nd May

Week 21 23rd - 29th May

Week 22 30th May - 5th June

Week 23 6th June - 12th June

Week 24 13th - 19th June

Week 25 20th - 26th June

Week 26 27th June - 3rd July

Week 27 4th July - 10th July

Week 28 11th - 17th July

Week 29 18th - 24th July

Week 30 25th - 31st July

Week 31 1st - 7th August

Week 32 8th - 14th August

Week 33 15th - 21st August

Week 34 22nd - 28th August

Week 35 29th August - 4th September

Week 36 5th - 11th September

Week 37 12th - 18th September

Week 38 19th - 25th September

Week 39 26th Sep - 2nd October

Week 40 3rd - 9th October

Week 41 10th - 16th October

Week 42 17th - 23rd October

Week 43 24th - 30th October

Week 44 31st Oct - 6th November

Week 45 7th - 13th November

Week 46 14th - 20th November

Week 47 21st - 27th November

Week 48 28th Nov - 4th December

Week 49 5th - 11th December

Week 50 12th - 18th December

Week 51 19th - 25th December

Week 52 26th - 31st December

Participants

Snook

gapvic

BDJ

dididog

Possum Corner

trifecta

Scottsmum

Cat

Cougar

DeltaCharlie

teekay

sarspididious

Chequeredblackdog

helen

huga

RRPS

Roova

Dreams

Edited by trifecta

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

would I be able to be involved?

My photos are no where near the quality of some of the amazing ones that appear here - but I am an enthusiastic learner (who occasionally flukes a nice one), and would love to share them (and would be over the moon with any feedback/tips etc from those who know lots :-))

Yes, thanks Trifecta! I've come up with a theme but might be a week or two late starting as I wait for the prop to arrive. I've picked something less ambitious and easier to execute than last year so I'm really looking forward to taking part again :). Hope some more people join us :)

This year I was a too-soon dropout, but would like to start over and try to stay the distance (or a longer part of it) this time. No particular theme, around home or within 50 k or so.

What new camera did you get dididog? Mine are all getting a bit old-ish and I should update. My fun gift under the Christmas Tree was one of the mini-instant type cameras, a little "Instax" nobody laugh. It spits out tiny and mostly over-exposed Fuji"polaroid" prints. But we were surprised at the sharpness, and found they scan with fair quality so can be photoshopped too. I know, it sounds why bother, but a bit of fun.

Trifecta yes please, tks for organising.

I have edited my first post to include who's taking part and the week numbers and dates.

Great to see we are now up to 6 participants with the inclusion of Possum Corner and dididog :thumbsup:

If anyone is teetering on the edge of signing up...... go on have a go! The more the merrier as there is always natural attrition, including myself in past years! You don't have to be a whiz with a camera and we all have cameras on our phones these days, so there is no excuse! It's a good way to record the year; when you sit down at the end of 2016 and look back at the year you will remember every single week!

thanks Trifecta for the breakdown of weeks (and that it is one photo per week, that was going to be a question :) )

I do have one question - does the photo have to be taken that week? or can I 'cheat' a bit and (for example) take 2 photos on the same day and use one the first week and one the second?

(I realise it is a bit of fun, and that (hopefully) I wont be taken out the back and shot if I do something 'wrong' - but I want to stay within the guidelines :laugh: - at least where I can )

thanks Trifecta for the breakdown of weeks (and that it is one photo per week, that was going to be a question :) )

I do have one question - does the photo have to be taken that week? or can I 'cheat' a bit and (for example) take 2 photos on the same day and use one the first week and one the second?

(I realise it is a bit of fun, and that (hopefully) I wont be taken out the back and shot if I do something 'wrong' - but I want to stay within the guidelines :laugh: - at least where I can )

The idea is that you take a new one each week but that being said, I'm sure that almost everyone has fallen behind and done more than one in a week to catch up or known that they have a crazy week coming or that they'll be away, so have done an extra one the week before. I know that the one year I made it all the way through that I had a few times when I'd fallen behind and had to do some catch up shots for past weeks so I wouldn't worry about it too much. As you said, it's supposed to be fun. :)

Snook has hit the nail on the head! This is supposed to be fun, not stressful, and I don't think anyone here is Nazi enough to take you out the back and shoot you :eek: If you start carting your camera around with you, or start looking for opportunities, you will find them :)