52/2016

trifecta

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Argh, I've been shooting but not posting!

4/52

My brother with his newborn son, still in hospital.

24239134013_fe40c7880f_b.jpg

5/52

Just had a weekend away with friends and stayed at a gorgeous little place with alpacas. Apparently they love getting a shower.

24748102892_b4d1050fc4_b.jpg

Thanks Roova. So funny to see my tough brother melt into a puddle.

I know. The alpacas were hilarious. They actually bolted down to the trough to wait for it. The lady said some days she finds them laying in it.

I keep forgetting it's Monday - Long Weekend here.

24199975903_1f4cd06d52_z.jpg6/52 by Superspanger, on Flickr

Another lazy one from me this week. Scottie and I have been spending too much time at home - me especially as I hole myself up and work on his SA. So we went and bathed in nature - sat in the rose gardens for a few hours after our walk the other day and I called my parents. He literally smelled the flowers (as some of you have seen in my other thread). It was just what the soul needed. Some dappled sunshine, a dog, some flowers and a long call home.

Edited by Scottsmum

I have a challenge question. My "self imposed rule" is that I should take the photo in the 7 days before I post it - but I'm coming up to 7 weeks of uni hell - a three week work placement followed by 3 major papers all due within 4 weeks of placement ending.

Is it OK to stock pile images / use a few that I've already taken?

Also - yes I think I know the answer but I just wanted to double check :)

Edited by Scottsmum

Personally I'd rather see stockpiled photos than none lol. Sounds like you're not going to have much spare time at all soon, good luck with it all!

No reality is hitting at the moment - after being off work since late November - I'm not really looking forward to it. But it's kind of part of the deal - I don't have to find full time work if I want (and do) study a higher load. Oh - and I dont mind being poor :)

And I do have some outtakes - a few extras from the rose garden and the like. Otherwise it'll be 7 weeks of phone snaps of Scottie :)

Has Marvellous found the lucerne paddock, gapvic? :laugh: Whatever, she is adorable :love:

Snook, I commented on your Flickr page, great photo :thumbsup:

You have to do whatever you can, Scottsmum, no point stressing over a photography thread :laugh:

Good idea to stockpile some, but remember you may feel like having a break from academia and getting out with your camera for a while, plus we want to see some glorious NZ Autumn shots :provoke: :)

I am actually disappointed in my efforts from last week. Wanted to show the shenanigans between my old cat and yearling colt :eek:

This is the best I could manage, however the chasing is very difficult to photograph!

5/52

24813938381_1d22b1a1cf_b.jpg

Chasing Lightfingers on Flickr

Edited by trifecta

Thanks so much guys! Huga, it was the 23mm lens, f1.4, 25 seconds, ISO1600. Some people in a local photography group were super helpful when I was preparing to go and said not to go over 30 seconds because you start getting star trails that are big enough to look odd or be distracting.

Fantastic. I've been meaning to give it a try for a while, but I truly suck at long exposures, LOL. My widest is my 35mm. Well, I have a 24mm, but it's only 2.8.