52/2016

trifecta

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Great photos and tips everyone. I had a busy weekend and have sunk to new levels of lazy with this week's photo !

I was laying down and Poppy and I were staring at each other. She makes me think of an ewok lol

20160214_1548272_zpswigs1mzi.jpg

4/52

Framework and BamBam relax after their ordeal with the Dentists. These boys are so sensible, bit different to the bouncy ponies.

p1000028-M.jpg

And the new camera - loving it - ended up with the Pana Lumix FZ300, has limitations and good things, not a DSLR but a good lens and does the job.

Wow that looks really dry where you are but the horses are in great condition. The unbroken pony is doing a great job standing there in an open paddock! It looks like a bright day, good job with the photos!

7/52

Today we checked out the falls because I have a wedding shoot there in a week. The light fell in the most awesome way and I had a very very hard time choosing an image for this week. There were three contenders.

25116399386_d06dc556ea_b.jpg

I saw my first (live) hedgehog tonight.

We passed him on our way out and Scottie wasn't really into his walk so we went home, grabbed the camera and I headed back to grab some shots.

I was so excited. They have quite long legs for such little dudes & this guy was on a mission - scabbing bugs and stuff on the lawn of the empty house across the street. Totally adorable :heart:

24846355460_81cf6a99e2_k.jpgIMG_3463 by Superspanger, on Flickr

OMG a hedgehog!

Snook, so beautiful! Huga, a lovely photo of your son.

My photo this week has driven me insane. I've made several attempts now over three nights and this is the best of a bad lot. I hope to come back and re-do when (a) the moon has gone and (b) the wind has gone! Poor Marvellous got lost in the grass several times and had a hard time of it.

25028477822_d67da28990_c.jpg

7/52

Some nights, when the moon was full, Marvellous would climb from her nest of flowers, sit atop a convenient fence post, and look up at the stars; it made her feel particularly tiny and alone.

I saw my first (live) hedgehog tonight. ....

Superb, why was I expecting an echidna? I hope "(live)" doesn't mean you see not-alive ones. We're always rescuing echidnas from the middle of the road here before the next farm truck comes along.

Gapvic your shot so reminds me of the scene in Babe, with the trio of mice singing "Blue Moon".

I saw my first (live) hedgehog tonight. ....

Superb, why was I expecting an echidna? I hope "(live)" doesn't mean you see not-alive ones. We're always rescuing echidnas from the middle of the road here before the next farm truck comes along.

Gapvic your shot so reminds me of the scene in Babe, with the trio of mice singing "Blue Moon".

Yep - sadly - lots and lots of roadkill.

I had no idea they were a pest (or even in NZ, actually). Still pretty cool to see out and about.

Another stunning Marvellous shot, Gap! So good. I think you've done really well.

That looks so cool Huga. If that's your son when did he get so tall!

It is and he is. He's almost 9, which is so hard for me to believe. It won't be long before they both tower over me.