52/2016

trifecta

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You know what, count me in :) I probably won't last long as I tend to forget about these things LOL

I will attempt a year of portraits :) It will likely be a year of dog portraits (and thankfully we have 13 dogs so it won't be too imposing on way one) but I want to leave myself open to people portraits too. Portraits are something I love to shoot so want to really explore my camera and how to achieve more with it.

Awesome sunset Snook!

Alternatively my photo for this week is the first sunrise of 2016... I'm not 100% happy with the framing (her collar got cut off a bit) and I don't know if in trying to edit out the over exposure and noise of the original that I made it look too over processed?? but w/e I think it's most appropriate for week 1.

1/52

tumblr_o09q1mhC4P1uao4k2o1_r1_1280.jpg

BTW since I'm super new and clueless with all this please feel free to give me any pointers or critique :)

1451813866[/url]' post='6777659']

It's great to see more people joining in!

Although it isn't what you wanted for your first photo, Cat I really like it! It's lovely and sharp, the blues are really pretty and I like your composition with the angle of the roof. :)

Thanks!

Didi, I don't think it looks over processed at all. Very nice. smile.gif

It's a shame the 2015 thread came to a bit of a standstill. Would love to give it another go for 2016. Count me in. Although I usually post via Flickr and it has really not been cooperating lately. So here's hoping it get sorted soon.

Eta managed to get this one onto Flickr. This is last night's sunset. It's a panning shot so I intentionally move the camera while I take the shot to get the blurry effect. Colours have been played with in ps. I do like to experiment with colours :)

24036379842_8eafe0c99c_b.jpgIMG_3052a by Tee Kay, on Flickr

Edited by teekay

Well I'm feeling a little shy with my point and click ... but oh well.

Headed into my current favourite dog walking spot today as it was fine weather. We've have rain for 3 days straight and I was worried I'd have to resort to a photo of Scottie in my first week! I did however realise that the macro on my camera has died. Which is odd - but adds to my case for getting a grown up camera at some stage - maybe next xmas sales.

So here it is. 1/52. Expect to see a lot more of this garden. As it's a great "sniff walk" for the boy and I love public gardens.

Also: Everyone is always "urgh - Australia - scary insects and stuff wah wah wah" well let me tell you this about NZ- the blowflies are huge, the sandflies are more bitey than mozzies and there are giant fuzzy bumble bees.

24138453256_26cb516016.jpg

Edited by Scottsmum

Don't feel funny about having a point and shoot, Scottsmum. It doesn't matter what you use, it's what you do with it that matters. I really like your composition and the way you've used the camera to get some pretty bokeh. :)

Thanks Snook. I really appreciate your comments.

gAs for the point and shoot - I do love it but Getting a "grown up" camera has been on the agenda for a few months.... eventually.

Edited by Scottsmum