Sign in to follow this  
trifecta

52/2016

594 posts in this topic

Roova   

2/52

I moved two Bromeliads a couple of months ago and one likes its new abode.

e1478c6c-f68b-4557-a678-0a3d244f9e5e_zpscrlgqitg.jpg

Im using a work laptop at the moment and this photo straight from Photobucket appears HUGE! I'm normally on my phone so don't see this side of things.

Is there a recommended size for posting or does anything go?

Edited by Roova

trifecta   

Just popped in to catch up with everyone's pics..... and WOW!

So many different subjects!

Have to say you will have some lovely memories with your poignant shots of Lola, huga; and Snook, I love the colours of your long exposure. RRPS, Rosie looks like a little sweetie & I love how she blends in with the timber!

As for gapvic? Well, you're a marvel yourself! Mainly because you have no tangleweeds of dog hair rolling across the floor! Just kidding :provoke:, I eagerly await the life and times of Marvellous!

Snook   

I love Rosie's little face and her white paw.

What a gorgeous flower, Roova! I don't think there are any guidelines for size when you post from an external source like Photobucket or Flickr. Because I like to see other people's photos nice and big so that I can see the detail in them, I tend to choose the smallest large size option on Flickr (there are three different small, medium and large I think from memory). Just go with whatever you're comfortable with.

gapvic   

Just popped in to catch up with everyone's pics..... and WOW!

So many different subjects!

Have to say you will have some lovely memories with your poignant shots of Lola, huga; and Snook, I love the colours of your long exposure. RRPS, Rosie looks like a little sweetie & I love how she blends in with the timber!

As for gapvic? Well, you're a marvel yourself! Mainly because you have no tangleweeds of dog hair rolling across the floor! Just kidding :provoke:, I eagerly await the life and times of Marvellous!

hahahah Trifecta, that's not actually my floor! We went down to Timboon late last week to collect a new addition to the family (Kevin the Chi Hua Hua lol) and spent the night in an airbnb place. I thought ooooooh, clean floor! Ideal for Marvellous photo! Roomba does a good job on my floor but it is still, inevitably, covered in dog hair, dust and dead spiders.

gapvic   

2/56

Go on, give us a kiss. You know you want to.

_DSC1221A-M.jpg

And with that the shutter on my lovely little mirrorless SonyMinolta died. Now the agonising decision of get it fixed, or just use the Nikon which is a bit heavy to carry around, or actually try to use the camera phone for a decent result.

Edit to add: Gapvic, this is one of the two blokes I ended up with when I thought your fellow was just too big for me. It backfired somewhat as I took them on through a Standardbred Rehome (Hero - not rescue) sight-unseen said to be no more than 14.2 - and of course they are no more than 15.2 and not much less either. Oh well, I'll just have to develop muscles to get the gear up there.

He looks lovely PC! My big bloke is still looking for a home.... we've had no takers whatsoever. Poor old standardbreds.

Cat   
1453006041[/url]' post='6781669']
1453005310[/url]' post='6781666']

Loving everybody's photos! thumbsup1.gif2/5224346196141_d57f91e9f4_z.jpg

Bathtub?

Yep

Snook   

I'm going to enjoy watching this thread ! :coffee:

You should join in! You've taken some great photos of nature and seeing Gruf is always a pleasure. :)

That's such a very cute photo, Cat.

Cougar   

So many lovely photos. Huga I LOVE yours, that's sheer boy/dog love personified. Gorgeous. Gapvic, i love your creative brain, you do storytelling so well. Love your dog in the bath too Cat! Just out of curiosity - what breed?

Here's my second for the year. And yes, my last one was a cardinal - I love watching that splash of colour flying around here :)

And who uses what hosting sites? Are any better or worse than others? I need to find one that I like - suggestions welcome.

post-21738-0-96282800-1453053160_thumb.jpg

Edited by Cougar

helen   

wow, some great photos. Lots of people seem to have hit the beach and got some great shots.

I had a challenge to do a sleep photo this week, Chazer wouldn't sleep and I took a couple while I was waiting for him to close his eyes. I straightened up his curled ear and he stormed off in a huff :rofl:

23804160393_66efe000bc_c.jpg

Roova   

Haha, he'd probably artfully posed it for you Helen and you hurt his feelings.

Lovely photo Cougar although it's hard thinking of the chill of snow sitting in this heat!

Edited to add I use photobucket (very simply though). There's lots of storage space and you simply click a link on the photo and paste in DOL.

Edited by Roova

Cat   

So many lovely photos. Huga I LOVE yours, that's sheer boy/dog love personified. Gorgeous. Gapvic, i love your creative brain, you do storytelling so well. Love your dog in the bath too Cat! Just out of curiosity - what breed?

He is an Airedale.

Thanks all

Week three. Sorry if people are still getting week 2 up, but I refuse to wait any longer.

Edit: I notched the contrast up a tiny bit - I'm new to this but I think it was a tiny bit.

24419062446_25c511f201_z.jpgkeep3 (3) by Superspanger, on Flickr

Edited by Scottsmum

Thanks Roova - I have s pretty great view out my back door. Which is where I took this. I will admit I bumped the contrast up what I think is a bit - maybe it was a lot - but we just have stunning sunsets when I remember to took for them. And they're often really different colours - we get this red a lot but this week we had an entirely blue / purple and we also had a peach set last night. Loving it.

My favorite place in the house is one of the back rooms where you can get this view. Unfortunately the window is too high to sit on a couch or see from a bed or other furniture :( SO I have to stand to admire it.

I'm currently figuring out in my how to get a nicely framed shot through the window. Step one absolutely involves windex -inside and out - so this might be a long time in the making ;)

Snook   

That's lovely, Cougar. I use Flickr because I like the format and find that it doesn't compress the hell out of my photos. I've found though that I have to upload a much larger size than what I post on Facebook because under a certain size, Facebook applies it's own sharpening to your images (or at least they used to) and mine always ended up looking over sharpened when I would post them.

Chaser is so beautiful and it's so funny that he got all huffy when you tried to fix his ear.. lol.

What a stunning sunset, Scottsmum!