Melbourne Woman Received 150 Stitches After Cheek Was Ripped Off In Do

*kirty*

http://www.9news.com.au/national/2015/12/16/16/48/melbourne-woman-received-150-stitches-after-cheek-was-ripped-off-in-dog-attack

Melbourne woman received 150 stitches after cheek was ripped off in dog attack

A Melbourne woman has undergone extensive surgery after her cheek was ripped off in a dog attack.

Emma McKnight, 37, was walking her dog in Frankston North on Sunday morning when another dog, believed to be a pit bull, launched itself at her dog.

"The dog must have just come out of the gate to go for my dog, so I shielded my dog, and it latched onto my arm at first, lock-jawed onto my arm," Ms McKnight told 3AW on Wednesday morning.

"I tried to get it off and it went to my face and ripped my cheek off my face."

Police allege that Ms McKnight and the dog's owner were involved in a dispute prior to the attack.

Ms McKnight was taken to Frankston Hospital, where she received 150 stitches.

"I'm a little bit sad but the nurses and doctors have been really good - and the plastic surgeon - so hopefully it will repair okay," she said.

Frankston Council said the dog was unregistered and was seized by council officers an hour after the attack.

It is currently being held in a secure animal protection facility.

The dog's owner, a 34-year-old man from Frankston North, was arrested by police and is expected to be charged with assault and assault with a weapon.

Despite the trauma, Ms McKnight is thankful her dog survived the attack.

"I don’t think [my dog] would have survived an attack from the dog - it was very vicious. I wouldn’t even call it a dog, it was a creature," she said.

what an odd turn of events. I didn't read the article though because I hate the ads I am forced to watch. I am no expert in what a dog bite on a face would look like but I got bitten on the leg once and although it barely broke the skin I had the most enormous bruise from it that took a couple of months to disappear. I cant see any bruising on that ladys face. They should be able to tell if it was a bite though, surely they'd take saliva swabs from her skin to ascertain if it was a dog?

Edited by Kirislin

If the dog did attack her and cause this injury it is absolutely horrendous and unacceptable.

There arms to be questions as to whether it was the dog at all, though.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/video/watch/30383573/bizarre-twist-in-dog-attack-story/#page1

How odd. 3 people saying it wasn't the dog at all.

I can't watch the video for some reason, do they say what they believe caused the injury?

--Lhok

If the dog did attack her and cause this injury it is absolutely horrendous and unacceptable.

There arms to be questions as to whether it was the dog at all, though.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/video/watch/30383573/bizarre-twist-in-dog-attack-story/#page1

How odd. 3 people saying it wasn't the dog at all.

I can't watch the video for some reason, do they say what they believe caused the injury?

--Lhok

one bloke said the male dog owner hit the woman in the face with a tolley and a woman said he was swinging two lumps of wood around.

Thanks for that MW. Interesting so many versions. The injury to her cheek looks like a slice and plastic surgeons do use many many stitches. It certainly has not been torn off as she claims. I can't believe that her dog just stood there while she was attacked. I wonder if it ran away. Some dogs would. So strange and the police have charged the man with assault not his dog.

what ever happened she's got a horrific injury.

Thanks for that MW. Interesting so many versions. The injury to her cheek looks like a slice and plastic surgeons do use many many stitches. It certainly has not been torn off as she claims. I can't believe that her dog just stood there while she was attacked. I wonder if it ran away. Some dogs would. So strange and the police have charged the man with assault not his dog.

Police cant charge a dog. Perhaps they're thinking he goaded his dog to attack, so used it as a weapon.

Edited by Kirislin

what ever happened she's got a horrific injury.

Police cant charge a dog. Perhaps they're thinking he goaded his dog to attack, so used it as a weapon.

Sorry I should have added to my post that whatever happened the poor woman does have an horrific injury and it must have been a traumatic experience.

what an odd turn of events. I didn't read the article though because I hate the ads I am forced to watch. I am no expert in what a dog bite on a face would look like but I got bitten on the leg once and although it barely broke the skin I had the most enormous bruise from it that took a couple of months to disappear. I cant see any bruising on that ladys face. They should be able to tell if it was a bite though, surely they'd take saliva swabs from her skin to ascertain if it was a dog?

My thoughts were the same. I've been bitten by the derper dog on the leg and the bruising was terrible and lasted for several weeks (and I don't normally bruise easily), despite no broken skin at all. I'd guess two Franga bogans had a fight, one was unfortunate enough to have an unregistered bull breed and the female Franga bogan decided to get the last lick in by having his dog killed.