Male Dog Weeing Inside

Waggy

I have a lovely 2 year old male who I am trying to train to sleep in our laundry with our female dog but he almost always does a little wee either in a wall or in corner. Any ideas on how to discourage him to wee where I want him to sleep.

Edited by Waggy

House training dog...

I think maybe he's not sure where he's supposed to pee...

Important to clean up with stuff like bicarb soda and vinegar and not bleach.

Bleach smells a bit like dog pee - so if you're using that in the laundry or similar products - the dog will think it's ok to pee there...

After you've cleaned up, a light spray of lavender oil (1/4 teaspoon) and water (500ml) should help, as might a wipe over of the pee spot with a bit of vicks vapour rub - which will stop the pre-pee sniff test. But might not make a comfortable place to sleep.

The other thing that might is a "dog appeasing pheromone" - if you're making the dogs sleep away from you. DAP is supposed to be comforting.

Depending how old he is - he might not be able to hang on all night. Mine needed midnight pee stops until about 18 weeks old and I had to be very diligent to make sure she actually peed each time I took her out. Cos a puppy is easily distracted and forgets what they're supposed to be doing out there. Sometimes keeping the dog on lead helps them focus.

Yes to proper cleaning, as above.

My first line of attack would be a belly band. Not only do they catch and retain any accidents, but they do tend to discourage most boys from marking at all. Some you can wean off the belly band, others just get dressed before bed as part of their normal routine for a good clean night.

Yes to proper cleaning, as above.

My first line of attack would be a belly band. Not only do they catch and retain any accidents, but they do tend to discourage most boys from marking at all. Some you can wean off the belly band, others just get dressed before bed as part of their normal routine for a good clean night.

YES !!

Hi thanks for the suggestions. He used to sleep in a large C crate and of course never weed in there. I like the idea of a belly band too. He is a small terrier jack Russell size. Where is the best place to get one to fit him?

Hi thanks for the suggestions. He used to sleep in a large C crate and of course never weed in there. I like the idea of a belly band too. He is a small terrier jack Russell size. Where is the best place to get one to fit him?

I got mine from here Funky Paws My guy (desexed) used to lift his leg in the house. Not often but he still did it. Got his a funky paws belly band & only had to use it a couple of times. He never peed in the band & has never peed in the house again :thumbsup: If he is going to be in the house for a really long period of time, (like bad weather) I will still put it on him, just in case.