Woman Mauled By Three Dogs On The Mornington Peninsula

Lhok

https://au.news.yahoo.com/vic/a/30393609/woman-viciously-mauled-by-three-dogs-on-the-mornington-peninsula/?cmp=fb

A woman has been mauled by three dogs on the Mornington Peninsula, while visiting a patient she was caring for.

The carer who works for Peninsula Health, had just stepped into the home of a patient who recently suffered a stroke, when she was attacked by three Mastiff cross dogs.

“I heard the dogs barking and going off, just fighting, I didnt realise they were attacking anyone,” neighbour Melissa Skeats told 7 News.

The woman suffered deep bite marks on her face, upper body and ankle.

She was taken to Frankston Hospital in a stable condition and had surgery on the wounds on Thursday afternoon.

The dogs also attacked their owner when he tried to pull them off the carer. He was taken to hospital with minor injuries.

The three dogs were seized shortly after the attack, but it is not yet known if they will be destroyed.

Residents claimed the dogs had caused trouble in the neighbourhood before.

Andy Jones said one of them jumped his fence last month and killed his dog, Gypsy.

He said his pet dog was found in the mouth of one of the Mastiff cross dogs.

"She had a couple of bite marks on her."

Melissa Skeats said she was forced to increase the size of her fence because she was worried they would get in her yard and attack her son.

“It’s a concern, everyday I’m watching the backyard, making sure he's fine and the dog's fine.”

Both police and the Mornington Peninsula Shire Council are investigating the matter.

--Lhok

Both police and the Mornington Peninsula Shire Council are investigating the matter.

--Lhok

I understood it was a condition that there be no unrestrained dogs around when a health worker, etc came to a house? Was the case when my father had carers calling anyway

They need euthanasing.

And how has this not happened before? and why were they out free when a medical professional was due to visit?

I was wondering the same thing too. I know the midwives would ask if there were dogs on the premises when they were about to visit me at home and if there were they asked that they be locked away or otherwise restrained.

So I wonder why this person didn't have them locked away.

--Lhok

A couple of things:

Firstly, if the owner suffered a stroke perhaps he couldn't put them away.

Secondly, the neighbour says one of them killed his dog yet nothing happened? The report should have said the neighbour claimed one of them killed his dog.

I feel very sorry for the medical person but I don't believe they had killed the neighbours dog, they would have been taken already if that was true, unless the neighbours dog actually got onto their property.

Also if their owner was having a stroke there is a very high chance the dogs were acting out of their ordinary behaviour.

My first poodle tried to bite an ambo years ago when they came to my aid, he had never reacted to anyone like that before and never again after, he clearly knew there was something wrong with me and became overly protective as soon as he sensed I was in trouble.

The owner wasn't having a stroke when the nurse arrived. She was providing follow up care for the patient at home.

From the article:

The carer who works for Peninsula Health, had just stepped into the home of a patient who recently suffered a stroke, when she was attacked by three Mastiff cross dogs.

If the owner wasn't able to put them away while the nurse was tending to them then the dogs probably shouldn't be on the property as they more then likely won't be able to control them if something else was to happen.

--Lhok