Main Or Limited Reg

RiverStar-Aura

Short of calling Dogs NSW and asking, is there an easy way to tell if my dogs have been registered on main or limited? A friend told me that her ESS was issued a yellow pedigree, which she said meant he was on the limited register.

When I purchased Kirah, I was sent out a blue pedigree certificate but I always assumed that as there's 'non-breeding' stamped on the back, that meant she was on limited. When I got my new puppy's certificate (he's been mains registered as I show him) it's also blue so I'm a bit confused.

As they both have blue pedigree certificates from the ANKC does this mean they're both mains registered?

My pups came from Canberra but Raiden was on limited and his was an orange colour, Treble was on Main reg as I was going to show him and his were blue.

Not sure if that helps or not.

--Lhok

Edited by Lhok

I think they're both on the main reg if they've got blue ped certs.

This is what I'm thinking too. Thanks Kirislin!

My pups came from Canberra but Raiden was on limited and his was an orange colour, Treble was on Main reg as I was going to show him and his were blue.

Not sure if that helps or not.

--Lhok

I had a look at Zeus's Associate Reg certificate and it's yellow, so I'm thinking they're both mains registered.

Yep, if the certificate is blue it is main registered. A dog can still be main registered but not to be bred from - that's the current agreement I have with my boy which we did because I want to show him but we weren't sure about using him for breeding; however that part of the status can be changed if the breeder agrees to do so.

Bugger on me then. All this time I've been thinking of entering Kirah in neuter shows and to find out now, 4 years down the track that I could've done it all along! :laugh:

Thanks for the clarification everyone!!

To enter in a neuter class you need to send in your rego certificate and desexing certificate to DogsNSW and you'll get back a Neuter rego. Last I heard, in NSW, there was no fee and they just stamped the original cert. In Victoria we have to pay a fee and we get new certificate.