Difficulty Finding Pembroke Welsh Corgi Breeder

I recently have used the DogzOnline search to find Pembroke Welsh Corgi Breeders and after some e-mailing and calling I have found out that not alot of corgi's are bred in NSW. If anybody has contact to a breeder who is selling Pembroke Welsh Corgi's or are breeding themselves please private message me or post on my thread.

Regards,

kaka79

It means she'll breed with the intent of producing amazing dogs that meet the breed standard, however, it doesn't mean that all puppies will be suitable show dogs. Send her an email or phone to ask. You may also be a highly suitable owner for one of her pups but you never know until you ask!!

Does it have to be NSW? Would you consider getting a pup from interstate?

Not all puppies will be potential show quality, so someone breeding for the show ring is likely to still have puppies available to companion homes :) Show dogs are usually companions too :)

Ok, understandable but are there any other breeders in NSW which breed pembroke welsh corgi's as a family pet?

Breeders of ANKC registered dogs are not meant to breed for the pet market, they breed for the betterment of the breed, as explained, this is where good quality pets come from....not from puppy farmers

Well, the puppy doesnt have to be interstate it just needs to arrive at Sydney, I know there is a "puppy transport system" and secondly where can I find contact details to people who DO breed for companions, families, ect? I just want to find a registry or list of people in Australia who breed puppies to be taken home as a pet.

Well, the puppy doesnt have to be interstate it just needs to arrive at Sydney, I know there is a "puppy transport system" and secondly where can I find contact details to people who DO breed for companions, families, ect? I just want to find a registry or list of people in Australia who breed puppies to be taken home as a pet.

Contact the breeders listed on DOL asking if they have any pet home puppies available. Just because they breed show dogs doesn't mean they wont sell to pet homes. There is no registry or list of breeders who sell to pet homes as far as I know, you just have to ask! You are making it more complicated than it needs to be.

Contact the breeders listed on DOL asking if they have any pet home puppies available. Just because they breed show dogs doesn't mean they wont sell to pet homes. There is no registry or list of breeders who sell to pet homes as far as I know, you just have to ask! You are making it more complicated than it needs to be.

Thats the thing, I looked at the registry you are talking about and i've e-mailed about 15 different breeders, called about 5 people and everybody is telling me they're not breeding. I just need some assistance and guidance in finding the right breeder for the pup I want t o buy.

Ok, understandable but are there any other breeders in NSW which breed pembroke welsh corgi's as a family pet?

Breeders of ANKC registered dogs are not meant to breed for the pet market

Can you rephrase this silly statement please? Of course breeders of ANKC registered dogs breed pets. The majority of the dogs they breed are sold as family pets.

It says on their website that they do not breed often; they only breed for show dogs? Isn't there a breeder in NSW that breeds to sell corgi's?

I don't think your reading the info correctly .

It takes 4 months between mating & pups ready to go unless breeders have umpteen bitches to mate there won't be alot of pups & the reality is you may want a pup but it doesn't mean there are homes for the rest of the litter,some breeds sell better than others so breeders often only breed when they are looking for something new to show after all having litters is a time consuming process .Realistically a 6 month wait would be a very normal time frame

All breeders sell to pet homes ,not everyone uses the litter planned option because there pups maybe sold before there born .

So it comes down to when you want a pup ,what sex & even colour then meeting breeders whose dogs you like & then waiting for a litter

The Welsh Corgi Club of NSW may have details of any litters available/planned.

Contact details:

Mrs J Georgiou

0416 253 108

(02) 9411 4233

I googled this so not sure how up to date the information is.

Good luck in your search. :)

I think you might be getting confused about what breeders mean by "breeding for themselves". My understanding is that breeders will breed with the view to keep the "pick" of the litter but will often sell the rest to pet homes and occasionally to other breeders/show exhibitors. Even from the best of the best dogs, not all of them will be suitable for showing, whether they are mis-marked or not showy enough in temperament, but they'll still be healthy & sound, perfect for a pet home :)

If you're looking for a dog to show yourself, probably best off chatting to a breeder whose dogs you like & they might be able to get you started with a nice dog or show you around some shows.