Sydney Royal 2016

RiverStar-Aura

I've just entered my very first Sydney Royal and now I'm seriously thinking I'm an idiot. I only have one dog entered who'll be in the Puppy Dog class -- I didn't bother with the sweepies as I just couldn't commit to 2 days at the show.

I'm only new to showing myself and so far have only been in one show a few weeks back. I do have an all weekend show this weekend though so yay!

Is anyone else here entered/entering?

Am definitely planning on taking a crate. I understand we're supposed to pretty much stay in the dog pavilion for the day to talk to show goers etc, but I'm unsure about things like lunch. Do they let us leave for food or is it best to take my own?

I'm kinda just winging everything and still learning to groom too; it's hard as there are so few Norwiches around!

I might pop over and say hi if I'm up for the 24th (greyhounds). I have a friend entering her English Springers so I'm possibly planning on heading up to watch then too. :)

There is a cafe upstairs in the pavilion and a few vendors just outside the pavilion. Though taking your own is good too. It can get warm (though the fans now make it a lot better) and it is noisy. But it can be a good day. If you have a crate it will be a lot easier for sure though generally it is good to tag team with someone to watch each other's dogs if you can. The best tip I can give you is travel light. Pack everything you need into something that is easily carried or pulled along (a wheeled bag of some kind is a very good idea - I pack everything in my grooming case that is a big wheeled toolbox but if I didn't have one I would be using one of those wheeled shopping bags like people use at farmers markets). If you have everything done so it is easy to carry in a minimum number of trips it will make getting in and out of the pavilion easier. The car park is a fair way away, and the drop off point is still a bit of a walk up to the pavilion. If you are on your own you will need to drop your gear off, then take the dog with you to the car park and walk back with the dog. When exiting many people walk with dog and all gear back to the car park in one go. Otherwise you will need to walk the dog back to the carpark and then bring the car back for the gear. If there are two of you it becomes a little easier as one can stay with dog and gear while the other parks/gets the car etc

Edited by espinay2

My best advice is to make sure your dog is well exposed to noise and the outside world,the Royal can be very overwhelming for puppies with the noise around especially when leaving and having to go through part of side show alley and the rides .

Lunch I would buy but take drinks.You don't have to talk to anyone if you don't want to ,you can take a book and read whilst your dog sits in its crate

• 4 weeks later...

My best advice is to make sure your dog is well exposed to noise and the outside world,the Royal can be very overwhelming for puppies with the noise around especially when leaving and having to go through part of side show alley and the rides .

Lunch I would buy but take drinks.You don't have to talk to anyone if you don't want to ,you can take a book and read whilst your dog sits in its crate

I'd keep dogs in the trolley if that's the case

• 3 weeks later...

Ok folks I'm going to need a hand with the greys on Thursday March 24th. Mainly as a holder as I have the last dog, then first bitch and will need to swap over on the fly. Depending on who wins what may possibly need someone able to take one around the ring for run off. Greyhounds are going to be on around 11ish or a bit later but before lunch. So if you are interested in giving greys a go please let me know :D

• 2 weeks later...

Well I had a great day. Warrior went DC and RuBOB and Phoebe enjoyed herself at her first Royal. Warrior retires from the ring after this weekend. He's been a very good boy for me for something that doesn't enthuse him

Heading off today to see the Westies, the labs and the Springers with my sis. Ok she also entered some cakes so we will be searching out the cakes.

Hope to see some of you there - just look for the steel haired spectacled woman with a 13 ur old in tow and a Canadian sister wearing hi-tops!!

I missed you Stressy... if you saw a crazy person asking for birthday kisses from any dog the owners would let me pat... that was me... lol!

I got kisses from a couple of Labs, some pugs, a dobermann, and the sweetest Airedale I've ever met. I also petted a couple of Westies... one big boy was especially gorgeous... *sigh*

Huge thanks to the couple who owned the stunning black pug that you allowed me to hold and cuddle, I think his name was Demon? He gave great cuddle and awesome kisses!

I must say that I did cheat a bit and told people it was my birthday, so I could get cuddles and kisses... *grin*... it WAS my birthday, so I wasn't fibbing...

I'm going again today...

T.

Labrador Retriever...

CLASS: 4A - Junior Bitch

Breed - 3 1427 MR G SIMPSON & MISS R LEMON OXLEY VALE NSW 2340

TAPUA SUB ZERO (2100418603)

Woohoo!!! a Tapua bred place winner! Congrats!!

AND...

Dobemann...

CLASS: 11A - Open Bitch

Breed - 1 2838 MRS M KAWECKI RICHMOND NSW 2753

CH. MONELITE VOODOO (2100380162)

Challenge - Winner 2838 MRS M KAWECKI RICHMOND NSW 2753

CH. MONELITE VOODOO (2100380162)

Congrats Monelite... Voodoo is stunning!

T.