Mac

westiemum

Well its a little over four months since Mac left... and its only marginally easier...

I was looking at some photos tonight and I can still 'feel' his coat just looking at the photos... he had the most beautiful coat.

I can't believe how much I miss him... crying.gif

You don't stop missing a huge character and one loved as much as you loved Mac in a paltry 4 months. I had to pick up some meds from the vet this afternoon and opened the door to see the most exquisite l/h chi. With permission of course I cuddled him for ages because although nothing like him in colour, he reminded me of Tirra who died in Sept 2008. I had to absolutely steel myself to hand him back.

Hugs to you.

Thank you DD and B. Yes I find its when I finally slow down that I sit thinking about him and then the tears come. I just miss him so much. The grief is much harder than I ever thought it would be. And yes I know its only been four months but gee its tough. I think I'm now understanding how people say they still grieve for their heart dogs years down the track.

• 4 weeks later...

Well it's 5 months today since my darling Mac returned to God. Can't believe how raw it still feels. It feels like yesterday. Still miss you my gorgeous goofball.

Here he is exactly a month before he died. He looks so good but he really went downhill in the weeks after this photo was taken.

post-11746-0-46955500-1461136441_thumb.jpg

Edited by westiemum

He sure had presence, WM. A great little dog. Strange how they can look so good, yet inside they are close to the end. I have a photo of my first little dog, who was just a couple of weeks away from succumbing to his cancer. It is a beautiful photograph and I am so glad I have it. Before I had a digital, sadly, otherwise I would have so many more.

• 5 weeks later...

Well it's six months today since my beautiful boy returned to God. And tomorrow our favourite dally goes to join him. Gee it's tough losing them... and it's only getting a little easier. crying.gif How do you cope? Or don't you? crying.gif

Mac in Eddie the dally's bed, early 2015 I think. Mac really didn't care whose bed he slept in the tart!!!laugh.gif

post-11746-0-45222400-1463739700_thumb.jpg

And yes it's sideways again!! laugh.gif

I can't help myself from posting...yep, Sideways Mac again

I still think of my old xbred dog, Harry, who went over the bridge quite a few years ago, you do stop grieving WM, grieving turns to memories of the funny, and quirky things they did.

Grieving turns into lovely warm memory-spots in your heart

Mac in Eddie the dally's bed, early 2015 I think. Mac really didn't care whose bed he slept in the tart!!!laugh.gif

post-11746-0-45222400-1463739700_thumb.jpg

And yes it's sideways again!! laugh.gif

I can't help myself from posting...yep, Sideways Mac again

I still think of my old xbred dog, Harry, who went over the bridge quite a few years ago, you do stop grieving WM, grieving turns to memories of the funny, and quirky things they did.

Grieving turns into lovely warm memory-spots in your heart

Well said, Boronia.

Even sideways, Mac is one handsome little guy. :love:

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks PK, DD and Boronia.

Its funny, This weekend has been easier. I've been able to think of my gorgeous Mac without bursting into tears for the first time since he died. It feels 'lighter' somehow and I'm starting to remember the good times... still a bit teary but its somehow not the searing grief of before... thank you all for putting up with my ramblings - its helped a lot. smile.gif

• 5 months later...

So sorry for your loss Westiemum, and for missing this earlier as I had been following his journey towards the end and loved your care, and his character that shone through it all.

I did look for a post here, but I'm too soft to look at the rainbow bridge thread often

He was a gorgeous little man! I always enjoyed pics of him and these are are a lovely tribute. For such a bad start, he was such a good heart.

Be endlessly happy little man Mac. :rainbowbridge: Hope your own heart is still light Westiemum, It should be for his blessing. :hug:

Thanks so much for popping along Moosmum - really kind of you and really appreciate it. I know how hard Rainbow Bridge can be.

While the searing grief has gone, the tears are still there at unexpected times - and I think that will continue for a while yet. I was setting the date for a gathering of our westie and rescue clan recently for this month, and steered well clear of the 20th which will be 12 months since Mac's death - I wasn't sure how I will be to be honest. It still seems like yesterday.

Ruffles posted some lovely words earlier in this thread and they're worth repeating:

When you are sorrowful

look again inside your heart

and you shall see that in truth

you are weeping for that

which has been a delight

- Kahlil Gibran

Mac still fills a hole in my heart - and he always will.

Thanks again. smile.gif

Edited by westiemum

• 3 weeks later...
:heart::hug: The first year is the hardest, but I still shed tears, when I least expect it, for my heart dog Bear who passed to the bridge in 2011 almost 14 years old, a good age for a Frenchie, we just wish our time with them was not so brief. :cry:
  • Like 1