Help With Articles On To Breed/not To Breed Please

dragonwoman

Why would any one want to sell a puppy to these people who seem to be not the ideal people to have a puppy seeing as they are already thinking of breeding and not even got the pup.

I would not be selling any of mine to a person with that mind set.

I would be telling them that the puppy will be coming desexed to them and on limited register, which of course means no breeding or showing.

Hopefully the breeder of these puppies will do the above to protect the breed.

Why would any one want to sell a puppy to these people who seem to be not the ideal people to have a puppy seeing as they are already thinking of breeding and not even got the pup.

I would not be selling any of mine to a person with that mind set.

I would be telling them that the puppy will be coming desexed to them and on limited register, which of course means no breeding or showing.

Hopefully the breeder of these puppies will do the above to protect the breed.

I fear there are also puppy farmers in every breed who sell everything on main register and see nothing wrong in helping others to breed like they do :-( They definitely would not get one from me, even on limited register, I don't believe in juvenile desexing and would not trust them with an entire animal

I totally agree with you re puppy farmers that are registered breeders with the Canine Assoc.around Australia, they are in every breed, also juvenile desexing is not the best, just have to be very careful to whom you sell too, the people mentioned in your first post definitely would not be contenders for a puppy from me.

You can have contracts, one for main and one for limited, the new puppy owner has a copy and the breeder both to sign in front of a JP, not too difficult to do.

The "absolute twit" may simply be ignorant of the etiquette for breeding pedigreed dogs. As we all were once.

I prefer to educate rather than alienate. If a quick email asking a few questions and explaining how the pedigree system and showing works doesn't do the trick then a polite "I don't have any suitable breeding prospects available" would suffice.

We don't have reputations as snobby stuck up aholes for nothing. :(

Edited by Haredown Whippets

The "absolute twit" may simply be ignorant of the etiquette for breeding pedigreed dogs. As we all were once.

I prefer to educate rather than alienate. If a quick email asking a few questions and explaining how the pedigree system and showing works doesn't do the trick then a polite "I don't have any suitable breeding prospects available" would suffice.

We don't have reputations as snobby stuck up aholes for nothing. :(

The enquirer will be sent an extremely polite, informative and positive response as is usual, that is why articles were sought in the OP to assist the person (which won't be me in this case) replying to the enquiry................BTW I don't spend hours on the phone/keyboard dealing with club puppy enquiries/behaviour issues/etc, etc for nothing either...............I do it for the dogs, they deserve it