Litters Due March 2016

Monteba

Puppy breath everywhere!!!

I'm still waiting, but am now 200% certain that it's not a very good phantom. Unless you can feel and see puppies doing somersaults that is! :laugh:

Petal has been doing a little bit of nesting here and there. She's definitely uncomfortable, poor baby. My son and I noticed last night when we got home after rugby training that she has "that" smell about her. She has milk "all round" and is as tight as a drum.

Taking temperatures in earnest and getting even more excited now!

I am thrilled to announce the safe arrival of three new baby Staffords.

Billy, Cameron and Cooper were born in the early hours of this morning with minimal intervention and after a trouble free labour. Petal is doing a wonderful job (so far) of keeping her babies full, clean and warm.

post-864-0-34061300-1458447217_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Squee! Freaking cute!!!

Hahaha....he is a bit.....not even 2 weeks old and already developing a Stafford grin!

He has been officially christened....Ronan. Registered name will be Ellz Kiss Me I'm Irish

I'm also breaking all of my own rules about not choosing early, not choosing by colour, select the best, etc etc

Ronan is staying! My first Stafford was a red dog. My late husband adored him. I spent years trying to breed another red dog and even using red bloodlines, doubling up on red bloodlines and doing just about everything else possible, I never actually succeeded.

Long story alert.........

This litter is my first since 2009 and my first since Wade died. My bitch is a stripey brindle, the sire is black brindle who has produced black, brindle and pied. The first two boys born were obviously dark brindle with a white collar and white feet and a brindle with a white chest. The last boy was born a good few hours later and I wasn't expecting another puppy because Petal had popped the two out, cleaned them up and had settled down quietly to love them.

I heard a puppy squealing so got up to investigate (I was on the bottom of my bed with the trolley Petal was in, a matter of a metre away). Petal had a very soggy puppy in front of her which she was rolling around licking and it looked as though it was covered in blood. Except......the blood wasn't coming off on my hand when I picked the puppy up and my foggy brain realised that there were two puppies in front of Petal....the "bloody one" and the dark one and that a puppy was STILL squealing!!!! So, the first realisation was that there were actually THREE puppies, and then the fog lifted slightly enough for me to realise that I had finally bred a RED!!!!!!

So, as silly as it sounds, I truly believe that this little boy was sent by Wade, so that I finally got my red and by my beloved and much missed Woger, so that I had another Stafford boy to love!!!

Oh and as Rocky's (the sire's) owner pointed out, to make it even more like fate, the first time any of us set eye on Rocky, it was the day Woger got his title, and Rocky was Res Cc and RUBOB behind him. And Wade was there........

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...