Clippers Suitable For Light Work

karen15

I'm looking for an inexpensive clipper to do ears, face, pads of a cocker spaniel and pads on a westie. I've got a friend who currently clips for me, but the hair between pads grows really fast, so it would make more sense to do it myself. Their coats are stripped with a mars coat king and I use the book Theory of Five to groom them the way I like, which I call a sports version of a show trim. They still have a nice tight coat, but shorter feather suitable for outside play.

I do not want their bodies clipped, so don't need clippers suitable for that sort of work. Just something nice for small areas and what I would think is relatively light work.

Suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by karen15

Lots of views, no replies, which is a bit disappointing. By inexpensive I'm thinking around $100 if that helps. I've seen a few cheaper Wahls with a little trimmer included, but not sure how either would go. Probably prefer mains power to cordless, but overall to do 8 paws and ears and neck, that's about 20 mins, so cordless would work fine I think.

Years ago I bought a pet one from Big W & I think it was a Breville. It had a twelve month warranty on it, so when the first one packed it in, they gave me another...thought it was good value, so maybe you could check out Big W.

Thanks for the suggestions. I did see the cheap no brand ones on eBay and wondered how they would be.

I emailed clipperworld before posting here, thinking there would be people who show on here who would have hands on experience with hopefully a few different brands. I know the names of the better brands, but have read some poor reviews eg about the Walh Show pro, which was around the $100 mark.

I'd go with the wahl km-Ss as a minimum. It comes with a #10 blade which is what you need for ears, face and feet. Cocker spaniel hair can be very thick as well so something like a pro pet might be fine for a poodle x but would struggle on a cocker coat

Edited by Leah82