Learning To Use My Camera

Powerlegs

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so glad that you're enjoying your camera so much and getting beautiful photos out of it. Kittens are so hard to photograph! I'm always seeing questions about how to get them to stay still long enough.. lol. I can remove the dangler for you in Photoshop if you like? It won't take long. I'll message you my email address in case you'd like some help. :)

You're a good egg Snook :)

Edited by Scottsmum

• 2 weeks later...

Hot damn powerlegs! You take amazing photos... I think I'm gonna have to get me some lessons off you!

As you probably know, I'm volunteering with Fox Rescue... and we also take in cats and kittens that need photographing for their Petrescue adverts... I'd love tips on how to get photos like yours of our kitties!

T.

The ginger boys were so photogenic. I think it's from the black background but do I use it for everyone in the future or keep using different backgrounds ....

You can't go wrong with a black background if the aim is to have the focus on the subject - then the first thing they look at is the kitten's eyes, no distraction. I love the bling beads background, but it takes equal billing with the subject. Anything with a pattern is 'busy' so keeps the looker from locking onto the eyes first up, window to the soul and all that.

On the other hand your kittens are so cute they'd look good if they were climbing paisley curtains, great work PL.

Hot damn powerlegs! You take amazing photos... I think I'm gonna have to get me some lessons off you!

As you probably know, I'm volunteering with Fox Rescue... and we also take in cats and kittens that need photographing for their Petrescue adverts... I'd love tips on how to get photos like yours of our kitties!

T.

:rofl: Here's my secret. LOL Courtyard, garden chair, old black velvet dress and a kitten on top. Then about two or more hours taking blurry after blurry photo because they are like kids on red cordial.

looking a third time ---------------

nope . Still hate you ;)

So, when is the 'cute kitten' book/calendar/greeting card range coming out ????????????????

Thank you Perse.

LOL can you imagine more frazzling photo days?! But I am still totally loving this little camera, it's amazing. :)

The ginger boys were so photogenic. I think it's from the black background but do I use it for everyone in the future or keep using different backgrounds ....

You can't go wrong with a black background if the aim is to have the focus on the subject - then the first thing they look at is the kitten's eyes, no distraction. I love the bling beads background, but it takes equal billing with the subject. Anything with a pattern is 'busy' so keeps the looker from locking onto the eyes first up, window to the soul and all that.

On the other hand your kittens are so cute they'd look good if they were climbing paisley curtains, great work PL.

Thank you! That makes perfect sense.

I only took one glittery thing that day but I have several from the indian clothes shop up the road. The other fabrics are things I pick up at the japanese shop. You're right about them being busy. Maybe next time I'll do everyone on velvet first then muck around with backgrounds and see what happens? I did like the way you can't really see the black properly, you couldn't even see the wrinkles and cat hair. LOL

Edited by Powerlegs

Thanks ladies :) next time I'll definitely do the black background for everyone then muck around after that. Patterns, glitters, solid colours.

It's just hard to know what people are seeing because all the kittens got a flood of applications and Glitterbug got double everyone else including the almost identical girl on the red. All have started their trials. Criss-crossing Sydney doing home visits, I hope we have a break before another litter!!

The dogs, I might try the black too. And although I like the natural look of the backyard, it won't hurt to see. Looking objectively at the kitten photos, the ones where the pattern blurs look better than if they are clear. Otherwise they really are too busy.

Shitty focus on her face but this is the same fabric in the background, just fuzzy and cropped really close.

2136672_orig.jpg

I am so going to have to try the patient thing and try to get kittens sitting on or in front of a dark background... but I'm still thinking that your photos are way better than anything I'll manage to get... *grin*

Seriously, your photos are stunning! And trust me... no-one is noticing any blurred areas... I didn't until you mentioned them!

T.

oohh ..she looks to have/had a sore nose ... ;)

I know :laugh: absolutely shocking photo.

Zoomed in view combo of courtyard dirt, decorative pot pond water and a funny pigment pattern. Managed to comb the duckweed off though. The one on the adoption profile is better but I do like the way the pattern fades away in this one.

Edited by Powerlegs

I am so going to have to try the patient thing and try to get kittens sitting on or in front of a dark background... but I'm still thinking that your photos are way better than anything I'll manage to get... *grin*

Seriously, your photos are stunning! And trust me... no-one is noticing any blurred areas... I didn't until you mentioned them!

T.

Thank you T :) :) I really appreciate the giddy up from DOL photo ladies, all of you take such perfect photos and are being very kind to an L plater. xxxx