One Day ....

persephone

Dear Don - he is SUCH a treat when there is nothing to chase :o he can only go off lead when I am absolutely sure there are no rabbits/roos/sheep within about 300 mtrs - otherwise he'll find 'em !!

My fault, I know - and hopefully one day my training motivation will return ... my dogs suffer because of it these days .

*looks at Don lying under the table , chewing on a beef spare rib ...*

Oh ..and, after a couple of years - Don has finally matured ! He is now built like a brick dunny .. solid and square, (with what The Boss describes as a 'wolf mouth' )..... and his bark has dropped an octave or two!! Just the last few days we noticed this deep WOOF and thought it was old Leo . Nope it's the new boofheaded Don . :) Gotta love testosterone sometimes ....

Aww, look at him turning into a grown up! That still seems so young to me now that my youngest one is four. The oldest will be seven this year :eek:

These being my first dogs and having gone from none to bringing home 4 baby puppies in 4 years (including the foster I had for 5 months) I find it really weird having these ADULTS now :laugh: I can't believe how fast the time's gone either.

ETA I do love watching them change as they get older though. I really noticed Quinn becoming a proper at adult once she turned 3, even down to her metabolism changing and her puppy fat (which hadn't realised was puppy fat) falling off her.

Edited by Simply Grand

Oh and re training - I think one day I'd like to be bothered to train my dog/s not to got into the kitchen even if there's no physical barrier. People do it so I know it's possible, I'm just too lazy :o

;) In a previous life , my duck was allowed indoors ..but NOT on the carpet . She learned , so your dogs will, too !

Oh and re training - I think one day I'd like to be bothered to train my dog/s not to got into the kitchen even if there's no physical barrier. People do it so I know it's possible, I'm just too lazy :o

OH has recently decided he wants the dogs to stay out of the kitchen, fair enough as Collie can be a bit of a hazard around hot items. Only problem is is he always waits until the dog has followed him into the kitchen before telling him to get out :doh:

Finally getting around to teaching Sarah not to jump up, I don't usually have a problem with it (coz it means I can pat her without bending down) but her claws can really dig in if I'm wearing shorts :p

Other than that ours don't have the best manners but they are 10 and 8 so old age pretty much means they don't get themselves into too much trouble

Edited by Leah82