Puppy Culture

bridgie_cat

I have the DVDs in both hard copy and on demand.

I have imported the exercise booklets for my puppy people and also have the latest released DVD sets. I got up at 2am to join the seminars during the making of these recent videos. Really fantastic, so informative.

Brilliant is all I can say. Thrilled I cam across Puppy Culture when I did. I have a litter due and will be raising in accordance with the Puppy culture protocols.

My puppy people are ordering the PC First 12 Weeks" DVDs as a prerequisite to getting a puppy.

I can highly recommend joining the fb Puppy Culture Discussion Group. Loads of wonderful information and discussion related to PC topics.

No idea ...sorry . one of the authors/trainers is a show judge ..

Jane Killion (Linquist) does show her dogs Pers, that's right, she also trains and trials in agility.

I can highly recommend the Puppy Culture First 12 Weeks DVD set to breeders and owners. something in there for everyone.

Jane is a PP/FF trainer, I am balanced. However for the purpose of training puppies, I see no difference and almost absolutely everything she does with babies is inline with my methodology so I am thrilled with that.

where do you recommend they order if from out of interest Starkehre? Colour me intrigued :)

Directly from Puppy Culture, there is no other way to order the DVDs. https://www.puppyculture.com/

The book When Pigs Fly can be ordered through other outlets.

I find the exercise booklets to be probably the most informative, easy to follow and read guideline for new puppy people there is available.

I have been buying and making equipment for my litter for months. Been getting all prepared for my P/C litter. I have instilled a lot of helpers to assist with the puppy party training days and other taining.

Puppy Culture produces amazingly resilient, confident, enrichment seeking puppies who develop into well rounded, outgoing, operant adults

the exercise book sounds like it is largely about age appropriate physical exercise?

Yes. Of course we cover this in our puppy file and explain/discuss, but having this nicely laid out, easy to read booklet is very new owner friendly.

There are a couple of minor alterations I will make to suit our breed, but it is very close.

Puppy Culture (see link already provided) do have a lot of info (videos, blogs, articles) on their website that is free to browse through. Puppy Culture is geared to further selling their products, yes. Well worth the investment IMO :)

The fb group (puppy culture discussion Group) is free to join and a lot of great info is discussed in there.

It is a great resource. An extension of what I have already been doing but has given me some great ideas. Definitely worthwhile.

I have the DVD pack and it's a great resource as Espinay says. I also bought the exercise booklets for my puppy packs. A lot of what she says is material you already know, but it's gathered together in a scheduled, easy to use manner with practical examples on the DVD. I am a fan, but I was when she published 'When Pigs Fly".

• 6 months later...

I have imported the exercise booklets for my puppy people and also have the latest released DVD sets. I got up at 2am to join the seminars during the making of these recent videos. Really fantastic, so informative.

Brilliant is all I can say. Thrilled I cam across Puppy Culture when I did. I have a litter due and will be raising in accordance with the Puppy culture protocols.

My puppy people are ordering the PC First 12 Weeks" DVDs as a prerequisite to getting a puppy.

I can highly recommend joining the fb Puppy Culture Discussion Group. Loads of wonderful information and discussion related to PC topics.

What she said :laugh:.

I have now raised 3 litters under the "PC" program, or parts of it and if I wasn't convinced before then, I certainly am now!

I have now raised 3 litters under the "PC" program, or parts of it and if I wasn't convinced before then, I certainly am now!

LP - compared to what I did with my litter, how much more would I get out of PC?

LP - compared to what I did with my litter, how much more would I get out of PC?

Good question!

Well as you know I've always done *elements* of PC in ALL of my litters, but I have found that you can actually 'focus' your social and developmental phases based on what is most important for that week. I too was dubious about the level of difference and/ or improvements, but the results speak for themselves. I've certainly found a difference from litters that 'genetically 'are very, very similar. More confidence, more focus, more social interaction (but it doesn't detract away from working).

I have found that it is also something that puppy owners can connect to, see WHY we do what we do, read up about it and like Ian Dunbar's books of days gone by, help them screen their breeders better.

A lot of what is in there is what we do naturally - but I love the problem solving skills and other things in there. I'd highly recommend just watching it - I'd be surprised if you don't at least pick up 1-2 new 'games' from it... even if you don't follow it to a T (which I don't, but I try to do the weekly milestones).