Pedigree Certificate - Golden Retriever

soobly

Hi, I bought my golden retriever last year, she's now just over four months old. I've sent off the papers to the animal registry to change ownership from the breeder to me. What I'm puzzled about is where do I get her pedigree certificate from?

Thanks in advance for any help or pointers to other posts that have already addressed this!!

Hi, I bought my golden retriever last year, she's now just over four months old. I've sent off the papers to the animal registry to change ownership from the breeder to me. What I'm puzzled about is where do I get her pedigree certificate from?

Thanks in advance for any help or pointers to other posts that have already addressed this!!

I'm guessing you are talking about the microchip registry.

The pedigree will be issued by the state body eg Dogs Vic or Dogs NSW and sent to the breeder once they register the litter. The breeder will then forward it to you. Provided the breeder is ANKC registered of course.

Hi thanks for your reply :) we have the registration certificate from the Australian Animal Registry & her microchip details are all registered to us...we just don't have her certificate of pedigree. We have the details of the parents though. We live in qld. I seem to vaguely remember the breeder saying something about posting the pedigree to us but can't exactly remember as I think we were caught up in collecting out beautiful pup. I'm just thinking if she's supposed to be sending it...wouldn't we have got it by now? We brought her home aged 8 weeks at the beginning of December.

You need to ask the breeder. This is sent to them and they are supposed to forward it to you.

You need to ask the breeder. This is sent to them and they are supposed to forward it to you.

In Qld pups can be registered in new owner's name from the start.............you should ask the breeder for the papers and in the meantime contact Dogs Queensland and ask if they can help, they will know if the breeder is a member, has a breeding prefix and has registered the litter..in Victoria a breeder has 28 days to supply papers, if they don't there is procedure to follow

What you are after is a document headed Australian National Kennel Council Limited...Certified Pedigree.......anybody can create a pedigee, it is just a family tree........good luck

I got my Labrador puppy on the 5th of January at 8 weeks and got his pedigree papers sent to me with a dogs vic pamphlet and information pack two weeks later .

I would say your breeder is just taking their time .

Contact them .

Thankyou everyone for your replies :) I think I'll call the breeder and ask her. She gave us copies of the parents' pedigrees & hip/elbow scores etc...mind you I've found out that all that can mean nothing as my vet tells me good scores can skip a generation... doh!

I am wondering if she is in fact a registered breeder with the ANKC, why in heavens name would they just give you copies of the parents pedigrees and not your puppy's pedigree:confused:

To me she is not registered by doing this, if this is the case you will not get a registered pedigree for your baby.

I am wondering if she is in fact a registered breeder with the ANKC, why in heavens name would they just give you copies of the parents pedigrees and not your puppy's pedigree:confused: To me she is not registered by doing this, if this is the case you will not get a registered pedigree for your baby.

Because until the registration is completed, it easier to give both parents' pedigrees. Max is registered in Queensland and that is exactly what the breeder did. Nothing shonky, just couldn't register the litter until she had all the details because the puppies are registered in the new owners' names not the breeder and one new owner was not prompt with all their details.

It took a few months to get my boys' papers. I'm in Qld and as said above breeder waited for all pups to be sold then sent off paperwork, which she said could take a few weeks to get processed and returned.

Just call or email the breeder to follow up.

Edited by karen15

Qld. must be a bit different to down here.

When I sell puppies I have the new owners details before the puppy leaves the home, so there are no hold ups in getting the pedigree off to the new owners, I fill in the back of the pedigrees with the new owner details and send them all of to DogsSA, they post the pedigree off directly to the new owners and not back to me.

I have been doing this since I started breeding back in 1970, the new owners usually get the pedigree within a week or two.

Qld. must be a bit different to down here.

When I sell puppies I have the new owners details before the puppy leaves the home, so there are no hold ups in getting the pedigree off to the new owners, I fill in the back of the pedigrees with the new owner details and send them all of to DogsSA, they post the pedigree off directly to the new owners and not back to me.

I have been doing this since I started breeding back in 1970, the new owners usually get the pedigree within a week or two.

I have usually decided on what pedigree name I want for the puppy I am keeping and do not decide till 8 weeks where puppies are being allocated. This means I need to wait until the allocation happens to assign names since I also send in microchip details. This has resulted in a week or so delay in getting owners their puppies pedigree.

I use themes for each litter so each puppy is allocated a name within three weeks of birth, their pet name is not mine to choose, their pedigrees are sent off once they are microchipped usually at about seven and a half weeks, once I have the microchip numbers,I register the litter, as soon as the pedigrees come back, they go back with the new owner details same day post and they have the papers about the same time as the puppy arrives home with them.

With the micro chip paper work I take the details of the owners on the day and the receptionist fills in the new owners details on the back and posts them off.

With my breed I never have to advertise and as I have been in the breed for 33 years I am well known for for my puppies here and around the world, from health tested stock, I always have a good long waiting list and because I do not breed very often, maybe every 18 months to two years, I more often than not get puppies from reputable breeders for people on my waiting list.

It is just called good organisation.

I am wondering if she is in fact a registered breeder with the ANKC, why in heavens name would they just give you copies of the parents pedigrees and not your puppy's pedigree:confused:

To me she is not registered by doing this, if this is the case you will not get a registered pedigree for your baby.

I've always been given copies of my dogs parents pedigrees by their breeders confused.gif

Actual pedigree was received later, although not as late as the OP.

Edited by LisaCC