Family Likeness

persephone

Sorry, Scottsmum ..T is correct :)

WAGS - P's dad is an absolute devil when it comes to working goats ...and has a habit of starting fights amongst any dogs around ...but is the clingiest , softest dog around humans ... yesterday, there was a ski boat making an odd noise .. I had a bat eared dog plastered to my front .. head buried under my ear , his front legs around my neck ....

(and no iphone for a selfie :p )

Dad is a happy lad! Is that cause he'd just found out he'd made some milkshakes with mum?

Noooooo !

he was happy because his night-shift was over !. because he enjoys barking at things .. he gets to be the one tied in the middle of the "lawn" to keep kangaroos off . They have all but destroyed any lawn what with drought ... :(

Dogs on Night Duty get their doonas , their dinner and a water bucket ....and some bread & peanut butter when their shift ends ;)

I know it isn’t the point of this thread, but it did make me laugh because of my human family likenesses. I have a brother and two sisters and whereas one of my sisters is very different in looks from we other three (despite being a twin of the brother), we are so obviously all from the same family, it verges on the ridiculous: same mannerisms, same voice inflections, etc. My eldest sister and I look very similar and sound almost identical. I have a photograph of my mother when she was about 8 and it could be a photo of my eldest sister’s daughter in early 20th century clothing. Some years ago, my brother showed me a photograph he’d taken of a man standing outside a garage in outback Queensland. I gasped and said, “That is obviously a relation.” This man was the son of a cousin. So despite “input” from two generations of women, the male likenesses were still dominant.

I wonder why we find family likenesses extraordinary? It is obvious that there would be these likenesses, but it is always interesting.

I know it isn’t the point of this thread, but it did make me laugh because of my human family likenesses. I have a brother and two sisters and whereas one of my sisters is very different in looks from we other three (despite being a twin of the brother), we are so obviously all from the same family, it verges on the ridiculous: same mannerisms, same voice inflections, etc. My eldest sister and I look very similar and sound almost identical. I have a photograph of my mother when she was about 8 and it could be a photo of my eldest sister’s daughter in early 20th century clothing. Some years ago, my brother showed me a photograph he’d taken of a man standing outside a garage in outback Queensland. I gasped and said, “That is obviously a relation.” This man was the son of a cousin. So despite “input” from two generations of women, the male likenesses were still dominant.

I wonder why we find family likenesses extraordinary? It is obvious that there would be these likenesses, but it is always interesting.

My family is a bit like that. We've got a few half siblings etc in the mix - which we tend to not acknowledge - there's 4 of us and we're just brothers and sisters. Funny thing is that the one I'm most different to in looks and personality is my one full sibling. Where as the one I'm most like is my half-brother who I had nothing to do with until I was about 17. He was raised by his mum, I only saw him 2 times in my life before I was 17 and we have the same mannerisms, timing, tell a joke the same way, have similar taste in "jokes" and so on.

There are two of us who aren't related by blood at all - and by a strange twist of fate - their daughters all look so much alike it's just not funny. But it is nice as they're growing up as cousins anyhow - so it's nice in it's own way that they all look so similar - 4 little strawberry blonde terrors!

My aunt often calls my niece (her great / grand niece) by my sisters name - again mother and daughter like peas in a pod.

Anyhow DD -as you said off topic but interesting and funny.