Sa Dog Show

Eza

Many moons ago (over 10 years ago), I went to a big dog show in Adelaide. There were sports events, market stalls and people showing dogs (also breed information stands).

Is there anything like that now? (still in SA)

Some councils host a big dog day out, usually the beach ones at the start of on lead season ie around the start of April.

There's also the million paws walk with the RSPCA - usually a lot of stalls associated with that.

and every now and again there is something that is hosted by a pet food company.

The hard part is getting demo teams together and doing stuff - it's kind of like herding cats. One minute you have 20 stalls and then you have three and then 30 stalls and on the day - it all depends on the weather and whether stall holders are feeling up to it.

I used to go to AWL re-unions but they fizzled out when the organisers stopped organising.

Yep Eza - they no longer hold a dog show in conjunction with it. It is a bit of a waste of money - not a huge amount of dog stands and not especially exciting. I never get a chance to venture into the other pavilions mind you because I normally have a dog with me. Not sure if I will have a dog in the DWD demo this year. Been a little to slack with my baby dog LOL.

Edited by ness