Has Anyone Used Bark Buster- Trainer Ken Tran?

:) I suggest you just use a collar for now .... dog has collar on - and IMMEDIATELY gets a meal, or treat . Easy . When dog is used to having a collar put on /taken off /eating something yummy .. then move on to harness , using the same cues/words/treats....it may take a week ..maybe longer, maybe less.

When leaving pup .. just do normal things , and walk away .

When coming home ..IGNORE the jumping. COMPLETELY . no pushing away ..no talking . yes, it may get worse for a few times - but she will stop if there is no contact .

One important bit of advice which I will NOT charge $500 for ;) ONLY speak to/pat puppy if four feet are on the ground ..or she is doing what you ask . You speaking her name is a reward - so - she gets it when she is doing something you like :)

I second watching the KIKO PUP videos :)

You might also enjoy watching videos like this : My link

I have been trying the ignore approach but she just doesn't quit jumping on me and running around like a maniac! She doesn't have an off switch! :(

I use a harness because I'm worried the collar would hurt her when I take for a walk sometimes she walks faster and I don't want to hurt her neck.

Do u think I should try cue word and harness then treat? Like a game? I have a feeling she might still find a way to outsmart or refuse the harness.

I also need to find a way to stop her running in the house the min i open the door and regardless of what i say or if I call her name she just ignores and does a happy lap around the kitchen.

Who ever suggested tieing her to me is a genius! So far we are having success tonight with toiletting and her behaviour she is alot calmer being attached to my hip. Thank u so much! Sorry for not replying to that poster I'm on my fone and its kinda hard to search thru the posts

Edited by miss_blue99

Who ever suggested tieing her to me is a genius! So far we are having success tonight with toiletting and her behaviour she is alot calmer being attached to my hip. Thank u so much! Sorry for not replying to that poster I'm on my fone and its kinda hard to search thru the posts

It might have been in the link of toilet training threads, "umbilical method" gets recommended often.

For the collar grab, it helps if you "train" collar grab first. Like the harness play a quick game, start with five treats,

reach for collar, say dog's name, give a treat, let go, count to three then repeat until you run out of treats.

The idea is the dog looks forward to you reaching for her neck.

Then when she jumps... you grab the collar, let her jump up and down but just hold her away from you so she is not jumping on you. Don't force her down, or up, just out and away... Try to let her go when she's being a little bit calm and not fighting or biting.

Get home greeting, ignore absolutely everything, march straight through house and out into back yard, continue acting boring (or collar grab, hold until she's not jumping, let go - see what choice is, but don't talk to her or go near her dinner until she's calm. The second she starts getting excited about dinner prep - stop dinner prep and walk away until she's calm again.

You're probably only going to get a couple of seconds if that of calm the first few times... but it's worth it.

You might want to consider using all of dinner as training treats... That's where I taught my dog a calm sit stay... well a drooly one anyway - in front of dinner. Calm for a second, ok, then gradually over weeks - build the duration. sometimes make puppy wait a short time, sometimes a little bit longer, but mostly a short time. I time how long my dog can stay before she loses it and then I know what the threshold is, and make sure I give her permission to eat before she gets to the threshold time. And then about once a week - I time to see where our threshold is now...