Is My Puppy Too Small?

Morgan brand

Flame Ryder, my observation of people who go on about how big their dog is / how heavy it is, tend to have fat, not muscular animals. Fat isn't muscle but people don't get it. I remember the first time my current vet met my staffie. He was somewhere around 6yo I think. We were walking out of the surgery and she went "my god, he just ripples". He was a nice weight around 20kg, but exercised a lot and beautifully muscular. A big change from the fat wobblers she usually saw. Ignore people who go on about how much their dog weighs as it is very likely the weight is all fat and not lovely muscling. That's been my observation anyway.

She definitely is gaining weight and a very happy pup!

we live semi rural so we live on about 1 acre of land and have been shamed by many because apparently they shouldn't be companion animals and they should have jobs to do etc. But I have done plenty of research and she is the best puppy (despite staining my carpet with her wee).

My sharpei boy is amazing with her! Sharpei are meant to be mean aggressive dogs with humans and other pets but he is the most gentle dog with her, she rips and tears at his skin on his face and he just takes it and lets her be a puppy. We have only had her for over 2 weeks and they are bestest friends. Ill upload some photos!

post-54387-0-05586200-1456443371_thumb.jpg

post-54387-0-98489000-1456443380_thumb.jpg

post-54387-0-84304300-1456443391_thumb.jpg

Shar pei are not meant to be mean aggressive dogs with humans & other pets!!

Every Internet website says they are dog aggressive and everyone who I have ever come across has that perception that they are big mean scary dogs that used to be used for fighting etc.

In no way am I saying they are but a lot of websites will say it. My boy just looks big and scary to other people until he gets to know them and his a big softie

SharPei suffer the same perceptions as Chows. These 2 breeds are very very capable of "looking after themselves" but should also be very confident and self assured with it, in the sense of not displaying these traits outwardly unless they absolutely feel they have no other choice. People also fail to understand the needs of personal space with these breeds. They are super affectionate animals, but only tend to show it the those they know and trust. They will not take smothering by people they aren't familiar with. This is not a poor temperament, simply an often misunderstood one.

I have problems with this I have so many people come up and try to pay him without understanding you can't just go up to them and pat them. I have to tell my dad all the time as he has border collies and you can just pat them. My pei you need to let him sniff you and come up to you and when he is ready he will let you pat him. Many people don't understand that not all breed of dogs will allow you to pat them straight away