Pagan 16 Sept 1984-10 March 2016

Kirislin

Your beautiful face. I'll never see it again in this life. My darling girl. Pagan: Australian Stock Horse LJ's Pagan, out of Lady Cynthia (thoroughbred) by Koorana Silver Chief (Australian Pony) Surely one of the last grand daughters of the great stallion Llowlynn Silver Chief. My treasured companion for almost 32 years. So many adventures we had together, the happiest times of my life, thankyou my darling. I will miss you.

Born 16th Sept 1984

Died 10th March 2016

23101824384_75acfd52aa_c.jpg5F6A4625_1 by kirislin, on Flickr

Edited by Kirislin

thanks all, it hasn't really sunk in yet. She's not even buried. :( I've covered her with a tarp, I hope the foxes dont come over night and chew on her ears, they'll probably die if they do cause she's full of lethabarb. She'll be buried tomorrow and I'll plant an oak on her grave.

thankyou all for understanding. It seems so empty without her. Twice a day she'd come up and if I didn't have her dinner ready she'd let me know in no uncertain terms that it was just not good enough. I will miss her voice, I will miss her smell. People probably think a horse smells like a horse, but they still have their own smell and I could tell the difference between Pagan and Rowdy.

Last year a friends old mare died and she was just a bit younger than Pagan. I went out and cuddled my girl and buried my face in her mane and just breathed her in, and told myself, remember this smell remember this smell. Now she's gone. I still have her scent on me and I dont want to wash it off.

when she was young

Her first day

6729298065_f19473d4c5_c.jpgPagan and Lady Cynthia by kirislin, on Flickr

and in her prime, living in Qld. Look how shiny she was. I didn't rug or feed her, she was just naturally fine coated and BEAUTIFUL. Very easy horse to maintain back then.

6167970850_f57c1ca8a5_c.jpgPagan photo taken April 1993 by kirislin, on Flickr

Edited by Kirislin

I was intrigued by Pagan’s mum’s name, Lady Cynthia. My mother told me that she chose Cynthia because when she was pregnant with me, she was reading a book whose main character was a Lady Cynthia. I’ve often wondered what the book was, because strangely enough, I didn’t ask mum.

I wonder if Lady Cynthia’s owners read the same book :) .

Kirislin, she is stunning in that photo. Just beautiful. From the way you have spoken about her on Dol over the years it is very clear how loved and what an important part of your life she has been for so long. I hope you are doing as okay as you can. Hugs.

I'm sitting here crying for you. I often look at my heart girl Stussy and feel that it doesn't matter how old she is when she passes over the bridge it still wouldn't be long enough for me. So to have a beautiful animal in your life for 32 years, right from when they were born, even that doesn't seem long enough (even though to some it might sound like forever). It's the unfair part of the circle of life.