Help Friends Lost

I know this is a long shot and I hope it's ok to post this here.

Last night I received a call from and very good friend, her and her partner are building a house and they have had to leave their two boston terriers with a friend that lives around the corner from me, the friend got home from work yesterday to find their gate partially open and the female boston gone (my friend just happened to take her boy to work yesterday) their own lab was still there but the gate wasn't open enough for it to get out.

I'm trying to get the word out in as many places as possible, my friend (and others)have posted the dogs pic all over facebook, she has called all the local vets/pound/shelters, put notices with pic all over my area including along the walking tracks, as well as dropping them in letterboxes in the street the dog went missing from.

I spent a couple of hours this morning walking the local area with my own dogs and have sent numerous messages to people I know that live locally.

my friend is a mess they don't have children yet and the two dogs are their life.

The dog is microchipped (checked it was scanning properly only a couple of weeks ago)and desexed, she was wearing a collar and tag with my friends number on it so its a bit of a worry if someone has picked her up that they haven't called.

post-2356-0-42581100-1457667063_thumb.jpg

post-2356-0-69165200-1457667075_thumb.jpg

Here's a couple of pics, she went missing from Seaford, Victoria yesterday after lunch sometime. If anyone has any information or any suggestions please let me know.

Edited by Rascalmyshadow

Tell your friends to take the male Boston with them as they search in areas where there's sightings. Lost, frightened dogs will sometimes come out when they pick up the scent of a dog they know.

Also tell people who see her to get down as low as possible when calling her. Makes them look less intimidating to a frightened dog.

Poor owners must be so worried & anxious.

Oh how terribly sad. :cry::rainbowbridge: The only thing is that at least they know. Friend down here still doesn't know what has happened to one of her lost Standard Poodles .. the other one came home a day later .. but no sign of the boy :cry: