Puppy Culture Rotti Puppies - Photos & Vids Galore

Starkehre

Wow that's fantastic work you are doing! I am so impressed! Your puppy buyers must be SOOOO happy!

Thank you Tint.

Yes, our puppy people are very appreciative and realise the additional work we are putting in and how good the engagement, stimulation, training and enrichment affect is for these puppies. They will be set for life :)

Guest crazydoglady99

I must say - as someone who knows absolute diddly squat about breeding and has only had pound/rspca pets..

It is AMAZING to see all the things you do!! I am just in awe of the work you put in. You really set them on the right path from birth. There are some extremely lucky people getting those puppies!

Love seeing the photos, they are growing so fast.

This is a great read. I love all this puppy culture work you're doing. They all look to be delightfully stable and sensible. I look forward to all the future videos!

Curious, at what age do you let them go to their new homes? Will their new homes continue all the startle and recover work?

Your squeaking videos got my dog all curious XD

Edited by Thistle the dog

Early Neurological Stimulation (ENS) - conducted with each puppy everyday from 3 - 16 days old

Is that beautiful girl your daughter?

No, I don't have any children. That is Ebony. she is gorgeous isn't she and also an incredible girl. she is one of my puppy people. Not long in the dog world, but trains her current whippet daily and is now instructing at her club. We've become quite close friends over the past almost 12 months, she's even been away showing with me. I have enjoyed including her in much of the whole breeding/puppy process and she appreciates it very much.

That's FANTASTIC!! There need to be more awesome dog people like you in the world! :thumbsup:

Anyone who encourages others who show interest in the dog world is amazing in my book!!

Thanks mate. I have also encourage Eb to register her dog with ANKC, become a DV member herself, and now she has already gained a rally title in this short time, winning all 3 classes I think.

She is now training in agility, flyball and obedience.

she's been along to one of my herding trials as well. She is a real sponge for information and picks things up quickly. She is currently training her dog for it's ET this year, after learning about it through following me doing mine with Seven last year.

I am really looking forward to seeing how she goes with our puppy :) I am very proud of Eb, she is awesome :)

Starkehre is an incredible person and mentor, always super generous with her knowledge and wisdom. :D She helped me and taught me heaps when I was first starting out into the serious world of crazy dog stuff too. :thumbsup: I owe her a lot and anyone would be lucky to have one of her pups.

Gorgeous photos and videos, can't get over how fast they are growing!! Can't wait to blow raspberries on those little tum tums LOL. Wish I was a pup so I could play in that box. Bet you are so glad to be returning to a normal sleep schedule soon LOL.

Naww, thank you SC and everyone else. I'm just doing my bit, the way I believe raising puppies should be done. I'm one of those people whom doesn't believe in doing anything by halves and want the very best for my breed, my puppies and of course for their new owners.

Thistle, Jane Killion from Puppy Culture generally runs her puppies on until 12 weeks of age (time permitting) as this is the critical socialization period.

It is rare to find a Rottweiler breeder in Australia that will do this unless they are stuck with puppies or are still trying to choose.

I made the decision to keep mine here until 9 weeks of age. They are well and truly ready to go to their new homes by 8 weeks, but in that last week, I am taking them on a couple of floating trips, I have professional training sessions organised around the state with wonderful trainers, some with and without their owners. They will be going in excursions to different environments and doing a lot of very stimulating things.

The reason P/C keeps theirs longer is because of all the work they do with their puppies in that last 4 weeks. I have spent a lot of time chatting to my puppy people about Puppy Culture, they have all brought the DVD set and are studying it. They understand what is involved in continuing on with the training I have been doing with the puppies, how important those first 3 weeks are for their new puppies and they are all thoroughly committed.

One of the reasons we had to let go one of our prospective puppy family was because they were not as committed as they had first let on. They have had a Rotti previously and felt they didn't need to do the training sessions we have purchased for them. That's fine with me, they can go elsewhere, there are plenty of Rottweilers for sale. I'm entitled to be picky about whom owns my puppies.

Several of my puppies are going to very experienced owners and they are thrilled about attending the organised classes, including myself.

Yes, I can see why you'd let those owners go, not wanting to attend training classes would be a red flag for me. If be thrilled to have a breeder organize (and pay for!) classes for a puppy I was getting and would organize it myself anyway otherwise.

I think those early months, right from the beginning, are so so so important in setting a dog up for life.

Edited by Simply Grand

Stark, if I ever wanted a puppy - one raised by you is what is be after! You're setting them up for such a great start to life that I am blown away by all the work you're putting in. You are setting my expectations for if i ever get a puppy* from a breeder exceptionally high

*i prefer teenagers and adults, but I'd be delighted if they had gone through puppy culture

Edited by Thistle the dog

Early Neurological Stimulation (ENS) - conducted with each puppy everyday from 3 - 16 days old

Is that beautiful girl your daughter?

No, I don't have any children. That is Ebony. she is gorgeous isn't she and also an incredible girl. she is one of my puppy people. Not long in the dog world, but trains her current whippet daily and is now instructing at her club. We've become quite close friends over the past almost 12 months, she's even been away showing with me. I have enjoyed including her in much of the whole breeding/puppy process and she appreciates it very much.

Having someone around like Ebony is such a bonus. To be able to share just increases the enjoyment. :thumbsup:

The pix of the puppies in the little red trolley is exquisite.

This video was taken yesterday. As part of the Communication Trinity, Puppy culture have devised a way to teach your dogs from a young age how to communicate to people when they wants something. We start by powering up the clicker which we spent last week doing.

Yesterday was the first time we tried Green on the box, rewarding for any contact or association with it. Very hit and miss and a bit of a mess, but at this age they pick things up so quickly and when I try her again later today, she will already be "getting it"

The 2nd and 3rd videos are Green and Gold girls and Brown and Red boys. They are doing Manding sessions, the final piece of the Communication Trinity. Puppies come pre programmed with software to jump up towards our faces to be closer and seek eye contact and attention. Teaching the puppies to "Mand" at this age sets the puppies up to know that they can ask for attention a different way. Jumping up on people is one of the most difficult challenges that owners have with their young puppies.

Again other than powering up the clicker, neither of these puppies had done either exercises before. By the end of next week, they will all be group "manding" instead of screaming and jumping up to be let out or fed... that is the plan anyway :)

Just finishing up today's manding sessions (two puppies to go) and so far every puppy is at least twice as good as yesterday. It is incredible training puppies this young. Nothing quite like it :)