Puppy Culture Rotti Puppies - Photos & Vids Galore

Starkehre

hhahaha...the photos of the pups on the dog bed, they are thinking such a long waaay down, we'll go and have a nap instead.

Thank you for posting pics Starkehre, it's always a good start to my mornings.

You are killing me with the cute! Can't wait to see them investigating all their new equipment. :love: And when they start actually zooming around like little speedy gonzales. :love: Hurry up 4 weeks!

It's funny you should say that SC, Green has started "running" but it is freaking hilarious. It goes for like 2 seconds and in that short time her legs move so fast you can't see them and she travels a really long distance. I swear she has terrier in her. I am nearly always in fits of hysteria watching them. :rofl:

OMG, Starkehre, your training program sounds awesome (in the true sense of the word :) ). I had to laugh at the pic of Seven feeding them all: she looks as though she is trying to be a statue and telling herself that it won’t be for much longer.

I loved the photo of the little tail as well. Are you happy they will all have tails?

OMG, Starkehre, your training program sounds awesome (in the true sense of the word :) ). I had to laugh at the pic of Seven feeding them all: she looks as though she is trying to be a statue and telling herself that it won’t be for much longer.

I loved the photo of the little tail as well. Are you happy they will all have tails?

DDD, absolutely delighted with our tails :)

I knew they would all have tails because the parents are genetically tested for the NBT gene. It is highly frowned on in our breed and I would never own or breed from an NBT or one carrying the gene.

In our breed it is considered a deformity and a form a spina bifida and our state breed clubs are working hard to ensure that soon all NBTs are placed on limited register with ANKC, so eventually eradicated.

The only breeders breeding for them are breeding for the pet market and concerned about their bottom line. Recently we had a specialty where an NBT was critiqued but not placed. The judges are within their rights to do this. Most however will just downgrade them.

It is highly unusual to see a NBT that is even remotely close to the Breed Standard. they are usually extremely poor examples of the breed.

I am thrilled that my puppies have excellent tails (so far). The set and carriage will change as the puppies develop and it is something that I have to keep an eye on. However, their tails are all lovely and thick and exactly what I would want to be seeing at this stage.

This is the way we are feeding now. From around 2 and a half weeks if the bitch has loads of milk that flows quickly and/or the puppies feed from the underneath teats they can get aspiration pneumonia from vomiting.

It is far better and safer for the puppies both in slowing down the flow and also preventing AP by ensuring they feed upright.

Can be challenging when the hungry puppies and coming at you in a frenzy LOL

My apologies for the poor photo quality. I have some better ones in my camera I will download later

post-27202-0-20326000-1459815124_thumb.jpg

Edited by Starkehre

From around 2 and a half weeks if the bitch has loads of milk that flows quickly and/or the puppies feed from the underneath teats they can get aspiration pneumonia.

now that's something I have never heard of before !

How common is it , for extra care to be taken? I have cared for many bitches/litters , and have not ever seen a case .Is it something exclusively rottie?

No it is not just exclusive to Rotties.

I do exactly the same once my puppies are two weeks old so as you can monitor the puppies, my biggest fear if fed from the side are the puppies who insist to go "under", so to prevent aspiration having the bitch lay on her back and feeding like this is the safest way to do it.

I have Frenchies and have used this method for about 30 years.

All of the girls that I have ever bred from only have to be put on their backs a couple of times, then from there they just roll on their backs and seem to say come and get it :rofl: the babies oblige :laugh:

From around 2 and a half weeks if the bitch has loads of milk that flows quickly and/or the puppies feed from the underneath teats they can get aspiration pneumonia.

now that's something I have never heard of before !

How common is it , for extra care to be taken? I have cared for many bitches/litters , and have not ever seen a case .Is it something exclusively rottie?

Brachy breeds (which of course the Rottweiler is not) can drown if they do not feed vertically

Yeh very common unfortunately

All of the girls that I have ever bred from only have to be put on their backs a couple of times, then from there they just roll on their backs and seem to say come and get it :rofl: the babies oblige :laugh:

LOL, milk bar is now open :D

They are even cuter than lab puppies ;)

Thanks for the info on vertical feeding , too! I have only ever seen aspiration pneumonia/choking when babies ... dog/cow/lamb have been bottle fed .

I am so pleased we are getting lots of photos -

They are even cuter than lab puppies ;)

Thanks for the info on vertical feeding , too! I have only ever seen aspiration pneumonia/choking when babies ... dog/cow/lamb have been bottle fed .

I am so pleased we are getting lots of photos -

Very welcome perse :)