Puppy Culture Rotti Puppies - Photos & Vids Galore

Starkehre

Proof in the pudding that "Manding" is worth its weight in gold.

Weighing puppies can be very challenging. asking for a mand whilst they are on the scales gives an accurate weight as they focus with complete stillness for several seconds :thumbsup:

Legend & Story manding.

post-27202-0-28397200-1462086562_thumb.jpg

post-27202-0-93870800-1462086572_thumb.jpg

Guest crazydoglady99

Just incredible Starkehre.

This has been the most beautiful (and informative) thread to follow. You have done soo much work with these pups- I am in awe. (And wish I was taking one home!)

Well, the clock is running down and it seems our puppies will be going to their forever homes soon. Two are leaving within the week, another four are leaving over 3 days the following weekend, one is staying with us for an additional week because the owners are moving house.

I feel the tears coming on just thinking about it. However, I am also very excited for these babies to be going to their new homes. All puppies are sold and going the most wonderful of owners, two to pet homes, 3 to terms/show/trialling homes, two outright to show/breeding/trialling homes and then my two.

On the weekend a friend brought over her PA system and we introduced the puppies to loud speakers with booming voices. Two slept through it, the others played among themselves and one puppy manded to the speaker bahaha.

Tomorrow they will be vacc and chipped.

Thursday I will get 24 hour registration done.

They will be meeting another outside dog on Friday, an adorable DOLers Gordon Setter.

Last Bowen session on Saturday,

Sunday we take the puppies to our warehouse where we meet up with all the owners and we are having Chris Loverseed from Positive K9 come in and do a group intro puppy training session with them all.

After that class, we provide afternoon tea and then I am conducting a class on imprinting, what to do when you bring your puppy home, nail trimming and dremelling and quietening your puppy.

Tuesday next week myself and a couple of savvy owners are taking all the puppies to Anne Zelvys Alfoxton Training Centre to have a dog socialization and exploration morning.

Treadmill and hydrobath introductions later that week before they go home.

We have also organized and paid for classes for the owners to take their puppies to over the following two months after they pick them up.

All owners receive Rottweiler Club of Victoria membership (if they do not already have one), K9+ DuraTuff Crate Mat, dog shampoo, collar/lead set, Artemis puppy pack with 1.8kg food, 6 week pet insurance, 2 x 1kg bags of Black Dog chicken & cheese biscuits (for supper), 2 x rope toys, MDBA smart dog Owners membership, complimentary photo shoot from Rivid Pet Portraits, soft and snuggly throw blanket, personalized embroidered RCV carry bag, sales agreement and 24/7 support for the lifetime of the dog.

We sent out a shopping list including steel crate and puppy pen and a few other items.

We allowed all our puppy people to have input into their puppy's registered name of the movie title and we have some terrific names.

We are helping our puppy people get their DV membership organised.

Our comprehensive puppy folder is in file format as it is well over 100 pages. This has already been sent to them all via our private fb group for them to read 3 weeks prior to taking their puppy home and they will also receive it on usb with the puppy's colored ribbon tied to it.

Our sales agreements will also be emailed to them individually tomorrow, giving them time to peruse this instead of having it thrusted under their nose to sign as they walk out the door with their puppy, as has happened to me.

All our puppy people purchased the Puppy Culture movie DVD set weeks ago so they could follow the training sessions we were covering at the relevant times. This way they know what has been happening with their puppies and they also know how to continue on with the training.

I am so looking forward to watching these babies grow into delightful members of each respective family and also of their community. All are living within an hours drive from us.

Our private fb group is fantastic and so handy. We keep in constant contact with info and updates.

One of our puppy brought around a beautiful bunch of flowers a few days ago in show of appreciation.

Later this year we will hold a herding instinct day for our puppy people and test their instinct on sheep.

We have also offered to mind any of the puppies/dogs if needed.

here are a couple of 7 week old photos taken by David Oakley of Legend and Dance. I am so looking forward to going on with these puppies :)

Thank you everyone for joining us on our journey so far and also for your support and kind words :thanks:

post-27202-0-22780700-1462199495_thumb.jpg

post-27202-0-16871300-1462199511_thumb.jpg

Edited by Starkehre

just : wow.

What absolutely beautiful babies , and now they are well equipped to face all the scary world throws at them :)

<3

I will share the youtube bits to friends who are on their 3rd rottie boy , and who are just crazy about the breed .

:heart:

Does that mean you're keeping that pair? I thought you might be?

Have loved the updates. You've gone above & beyond & then some :)

Yep, they are staying Scottsmum. We'll run them on and see how they go :)

Thank you so much guys. I am only doing what I think should be done, but I do appreciate all your support and vote of confidence. all those who meet the puppies comment on how different they are from other litters... the way they quietly sit and engage with people so directly. They are just a bit special and I love each and every one of them :grouphug:

here is Story, she is going to a friends home as a show/breeding prospect.

These were also taken by the incredibly talented David Oakley from Rivid Pet Portraits

post-27202-0-48759300-1462268380_thumb.jpg

post-27202-0-51436800-1462268416_thumb.jpg

Thank you so much guys. I am only doing what I think should be done, but I do appreciate all your support and vote of confidence. all those who meet the puppies comment on how different they are from other litters... the way they quietly sit and engage with people so directly. They are just a bit special and I love each and every one of them :grouphug:

here is Story, she is going to a friends home as a show/breeding prospect.

These were also taken by the incredibly talented David Oakley from Rivid Pet Portraits

:love: :love: :love:

Oh Story is bootiful, I always had a soft spot for her :love:

ETA *thinks about whether I might be ready for the Rottie I would love to have in a few years when Story might have babies :D *

Edited by Simply Grand

Oh Story is bootiful, I always had a soft spot for her :love:

ETA *thinks about whether I might be ready for the Rottie I would love to have in a few years when Story might have babies :D *

Well, that may be possible SG. I will put you in touch with the lady who will be breeding her down the track if you like. And yes it is likely to be around 3 years away. :D

You really make me want to swap breeds. I cannot believe how wonderful your pups are and how much work you do with them. Your dedication is amazing.

ah well, both guardian breeds :D

Rottis are incredibly versatile as is the GSD. But tend to be calmer and quieter with more of a wait and see attitude. And the coat is much easier to live with, I have owned several GSD, never again, OMG the coat LOL

just : wow.

What absolutely beautiful babies , and now they are well equipped to face all the scary world throws at them :)

<3

I will share the youtube bits to friends who are on their 3rd rottie boy , and who are just crazy about the breed .

Thanks pers. Yep, they are well and truly prepared for life and it's stressors.

I hope your friends enjoy the vids :)

:heart:

Does that mean you're keeping that pair? I thought you might be?

Have loved the updates. You've gone above & beyond & then some :)

Yep, they are staying Scottsmum. We'll run them on and see how they go :)

Yay. I look forward to more photos

This morning the puppies had their first meal from their Weanerfeeder.

We provide this style of feeding in efforts to teach them to use their own bowl, to stay there until they are finished and not to bowl hop. Individual bowl feeding extinguishes competitive food drive to a degree, which helps to produce a true good feeding puppy, for when he is removed from his litter mate. Added to this the fact that they all eat their chicken wings individually crated with no problems indicates they are unlikely to show any great loss of food drive or appetite when they leave here.

Apologies for the quality of the photo, it was a little dark outside still and only on my phone. You'll notice some puppies have wandered off and one is considering bowl hopping. All normal for the first feed, plus this is already a couple of minutes after me placing the bowls down.

Yesterday they all had their first leash training session. I will try to get some videos when we do it again today, but I was on my own yesterday. They were all fantastic and just walked alongside me, no opposition reflex kicked in because they didn't pull or fight.

post-27202-0-53671100-1462488466_thumb.jpg