Puppy Culture Rotti Puppies - Photos & Vids Galore

Starkehre

Sorry to hear you've had one come back - I've been down that path and he (Murphy) has ended up in one seriously amazing home where he has an opportunity to shine. I hope it works out similarly for you. And I feel your pain...I had 3 pups in the house for a few extra weeks and boy is it hard work!!!

Thank you TSD. I do hope I find some as wonderful as you did for Murphy TSD. I'm sure I will :)

OMGoodness yes. And if they could play together calmly it wouldn't be a problem, but the second they have any contact with litter siblings the rough play starts LOL, so they simply cannot even have contact. I just don't like to risk them knocking each other and causing injury at such a delicate age. They are heavy and fall hard. They are all around 20kgs now but are small and floppy LOL.

Oh how I wish I was in a position to apply! I got my WL Cooper to do IPO with but then moved to Vic so vetoed that idea pretty fast. I wish you all the best in finding him the perfect home.

Thank you bianca.

Ah that is so frustrating about Vic isn't it. Still, you can train here and go interstate for trials. A lot of people do it.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, thanks for checking in with me :)

Packer is still here. Some lovely people came out to see him on Saturday and will call today.

It is challenging rehoming a slightly older puppy. Many people want the 8 week old version, which I understand.

We've had loads of inquiries but again because I am pretty fussy about certain things, I'm not prepared to let him go just anywhere.

I don't have a problem with kids, provided the parents are good at organising their time and their kids are raised respectfully.

I don't have a problem with pet home only provided the owner is willing to spend quality time with their dog, continue on with at least some basic training and they are a balanced trainer.

I am even very open to being able to negotiate price to the right home.

This puppy is such a happy boy, non reactive, incredible recall, easy going, super affectionate, well trained. He really is super. Any home he went to would be so delighted with him.

If any of you guys are interested, please contact me :D

NOOOOO, i can answer yes to all the criteria you just said, thats even worse :laugh:

But really timing is wrong, my old cattle dog Ozzie is in heart failure, on meds , but upping his dosage every few weeks as he goes back down, so its not right to pull in another dog just yet.

Although Zelda the crazy bully would love a new play buddy now that i have her under control and stopped being breed blind and letting her run the roost!

NOOOOO, i can answer yes to all the criteria you just said, thats even worse :laugh:

But really timing is wrong, my old cattle dog Ozzie is in heart failure, on meds , but upping his dosage every few weeks as he goes back down, so its not right to pull in another dog just yet.

Although Zelda the crazy bully would love a new play buddy now that i have her under control and stopped being breed blind and letting her run the roost!

The timing has to be right juice, absolutely :)

Hi there, I have been looking at a second dog for our family for a while now and we are thinking that a rotty may be right for us. Whilst we are still trying to ensure we make the right decision before rushing into things I was just wondering how long have you owned the breed for, and approximately how long your dogs live for? One of the main reasons I am worried about getting a rotty is the relatively low lifespan. Many friends have had rotties in the past, however of the ones that I still keep in contact with many of their dogs died at a young age.

Best of luck with all your dogs, Jack

Guest crazydoglady99

I had a luurrrvely look at your website today Starkehre (Starkehre rottweilers). Just fabulous. Doesn't Packer look like his mumma!!

The right home will be looking for him :)

You guys did such an amazing job with those puppies- I soooo wish I could have one!!

Hi there, I have been looking at a second dog for our family for a while now and we are thinking that a rotty may be right for us. Whilst we are still trying to ensure we make the right decision before rushing into things I was just wondering how long have you owned the breed for, and approximately how long your dogs live for? One of the main reasons I am worried about getting a rotty is the relatively low lifespan. Many friends have had rotties in the past, however of the ones that I still keep in contact with many of their dogs died at a young age.

Hi Jack.

I've owned and been heavily involved in the breed for 23 years. During this period longevity has ranged, mostly around 9-10 (with average being dragged down significantly owing to sadly having to euthanase a 4 year old dog through health and temperament issues, bred by someone else and totally unrelated to my dogs) but I will say that not one of my Rottweilers has succumbed to cancer of any sort. The most recent girl who passed away in November was 12 and a half and I chose to euthanase her because of the pain in her elbow, which was a long term injury.

The dam of these puppies is not related to any of the other Rottweilers I own now (except for her puppies of course) nor any of my previous Rottis. It took me many years to find a bitch I felt worthy of breeding on with. She has solid longevity behind her.

I believe careful and thoroughly researched breeder selection goes a long way to assisting with the health and longevity of any puppy, however of course husbandry, environment and luck will always play a roll. Have you asked all your friends what breeders they purchased their dog's from? That might be a good place to start. and if in fact some or all of them turn out to be byb dogs, this might lift your confidence a bit :)

All the very best with your breed/puppy search :)

I had a luurrrvely look at your website today Starkehre (Starkehre rottweilers). Just fabulous. Doesn't Packer look like his mumma!!

The right home will be looking for him :)

You guys did such an amazing job with those puppies- I soooo wish I could have one!!

Nawwww, thanks AL. Very sweet of you. :thanks:

Yes, he does. He has the same sweet temperament as her also. :D

Hi Jack.

I've owned and been heavily involved in the breed for 23 years. During this period longevity has ranged, mostly around 9-10 (with average being dragged down significantly owing to sadly having to euthanase a 4 year old dog through health and temperament issues, bred by someone else and totally unrelated to my dogs) but I will say that not one of my Rottweilers has succumbed to cancer of any sort. The most recent girl who passed away in November was 12 and a half and I chose to euthanase her because of the pain in her elbow, which was a long term injury.

The dam of these puppies is not related to any of the other Rottweilers I own now (except for her puppies of course) nor any of my previous Rottis. It took me many years to find a bitch I felt worthy of breeding on with. She has solid longevity behind her.

I believe careful and thoroughly researched breeder selection goes a long way to assisting with the health and longevity of any puppy, however of course husbandry, environment and luck will always play a roll. Have you asked all your friends what breeders they purchased their dog's from? That might be a good place to start. and if in fact some or all of them turn out to be byb dogs, this might lift your confidence a bit :)

Thank you for that information. The lifespan and cancer issues were the main factors making me worried about considering a Rottweiler, however this definitely lifts my confidence in the breed. I really appreciate the reply :)

What a wise summary that could be applied to considering any breed. And I like how you included plain 'luck'.

Hi Jack.

Thank you for that information. The lifespan and cancer issues were the main factors making me worried about considering a Rottweiler, however this definitely lifts my confidence in the breed. I really appreciate the reply :)

You are very welcome Jack.

I am not going to lie to you various cancers are quite common in our breed, particularly from the age of about 7 years. That said, without a doubt the vast majority of cancers are in desexed Rottweilers and also byb Rottweilers. Cruciate ligament injuries are also relatively common place, again vast majority being desexed and also unfit and over weight dogs.

I've never had a cruciate injury in any of my Rotts because they are always fit, lean, agile and strong.

All the best :)

Packer has just left. We found him a wonderful home, Melbourne based couple with their gorgeous young very dog savvy daughter.

Bitter sweet moment for us, but so glad he has his new forever home, just as he deserves. His new owners will be attending the training we provide so I will get to see him weekly

post-27202-0-04569400-1468730138_thumb.jpg

Edited by Starkehre