Rest In Peace Cookie

Rayhay

Well, I know he is not a dog, but he qualifies as his personality was kinda like one and he was best friends with two Rotts, so I put him in the dog club!

My cat, Cookie was humanely pts today due to cancer (bloody cancer again :mad )

Poor old Cookie, he was a one of a kind, I posted this tribute on FB today. I will miss my buddy. :cry: :cry:

Rest in peace Cookie (Cookie Cruncher) (Warning my obituary is as quirky as he was!)

Can't believe it, for 15 years I was owned by Cookie, we didn't always see eye to eye, especially for the first several years. You see, I was given Cookie by a friend, he wasn't the nicest kitten, enjoyed biting me more than being affectionate. I always had cats that were gentle and friendly, but Cookie was a unique individual, I wanted to love him, but he took more pleasure in my pain and suffering in those first formative years, not the kind of cat you could pick up and pet or stroke unless you wanted a good mauling, he used to stalk me, wait in dark corners, hide in shadows, sometimes for hours, just waiting for me to walk by so he could pounce on me and draw blood, especially from the ankle area.

Cookie and I truly had a love hate relationship, and this went on and on, warnings were given to visitors not to pet the cat, he could be such a cruel little sod, I would sometimes look at him and wonder why I put up with him, he was truly awful to me, I would tell friends how disappointed I was to be the owner of such an angry little cat!

Move forward another several years, we still had our share of arguments and disagreements, but one day I guess he had decided I was alright, so I can say, the last several years with Cookie were the best, he grew to be quite affectionate, he grew to adore me back, he would look at me with fondness instead of fire fuelled hatred, he was the quirkiest cat in the world, as much as I may have moaned and griped about his misgivings, I wouldn't change him for the world, he would go on to become my best mate, and also best mates with my two Rottweilers Greta and Samantha, they all loved each other, hanging out in each others company, heck even some mutual grooming would occur between them all!

Cookie would accompany Greta and Samantha's morning walks down the dirt road. Such a big personality, all the colours of the rainbow were there, I can't believe he is gone, but I am so glad we found each other in more ways than one. I hope Greta my beautiful Rott (in the picture below with Cookie) met him on the other side of the rainbow and went off for their morning walk together. Rest easy mate, your work here is done. Look after Greta, See you on the other side one day.

post-53618-0-44548300-1457862813_thumb.jpg

Edited by Rayhay