Very Important Website!

I don't know about you, but I just FALL TO PIECES if I watch a movie where a dog is hurt, let alone dies. :(

My six year old self still has not recovered from seeing Beethoven attacked by the bad guys and slated for death. And I don't know what on earth possessed me to watch Eight Below. :cry:

But someone has come up with a brilliant solution! A movie review website to ensure you don't become a nervous wreck or blubbering mess due to cinematic doggy disaster, at least without forewarning!

I present to you: Does The Dog Die :cheer:

Red Dog was my undoing. I was a blubbering mess. I had to recommend to some friends not to watch it. Marley and Me also not in my 'must watch again' book ... This website might have been handy LOL!

Edited by espinay2

The dog doesn't even have to die. I have a friend of grandmother age who's still traumatized from seeing the original Lassie Come Home movie as a little girl. She says it was the bloody pawprints on the rocks as Lassie struggled over rugged terrain to get back to her original owner... that did her in & remains in her head.

Red Dog was my undoing. I was a blubbering mess. I had to recommend to some friends not to watch it. Marley and Me also not in my 'must watch again' book ... This website might have been handy LOL!

me too! And my sister was sitting next to me just looking at me like "what is wrong with you??"

i thought it was going to be a happy movie. But no.

At least the cinema was dark :laugh:

Yes we posted this on our page at Christmas because you end up watching so many movies ... :( always check before you watch.

At the moment there's a 3 part movie called The Stag (or Bachelor Weekend in other countries), there's a beautiful cocker type dog in it and she's still alive but it's getting stressful. And it's not listed on the site either.

Please; has anyone seen it?

BTW if you haven't it's NOT a 'lighthearted comedy' not sure who was writing the reviews that day. :eek:

HSF Woofnhoof that's me! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

201504_1253_aicgf_sm.jpg

me too! And my sister was sitting next to me just looking at me like "what is wrong with you??"

i thought it was going to be a happy movie. But no.

At least the cinema was dark :laugh:

It's dark, yes, but I still struggle with holding in loud sobs and then the odd half-choke/snort comes out if I accidentally breathe at the same time. :o Sorry, ummm, nothing to see here people! :laugh:

I'm also bad in any films where a dad dies or sacrifices himself for his daughter but that's just little tears not full on restrained bawling LOL.

It would appear that you can add reviews to the site if something is missing. :)

• 10 months later...

We saw Red Dog: True Blue the other day! Great movie. I cried right from the start but inaudiably and the answer to the important question "DOES THE DOG DIE?" is no. There were no dogs injuried either. There is however mention of dogs having died, being separated from loved dogs, and the lifetime bond we have with heart dogs. There's one particular scene at the end that is rather traumatic from an emotional perspective, even Mr PK had misty eyes. So I'm on the fence about whether it is cinema-safe, I survived in that my crying wasn't too ugly (read: disturbing the peace of others in the cinema!) and I purposely did not wear mascara, which was a wise move! :laugh:

Edited by Papillon Kisses