Yappy Hour

Starkehre

Did anyone watch Yappy Hour last night?

My sweet girl Seven was the Rottweiler in the early segment. I'm hoping to get a proper copy of it, but Silent child was kind enough to video it from her tele for us, thanks SC :thanks:

I was so nervous and really make a terrible mess of the commentary, but never mind :)

I was given scripted questions so I knew roughly what they would be asking, but these were all breed related questions. They never mentioned that they would ask anything personal about Seven, so I just winged that LOL

When fitting Seven's weight pull harness I was distracted by the cameraman and with all the nerves had forgotten to go back and complete the fitting before doing a pull :( Bad mumma. But, Seven isn't one to complain :)

I was so proud of her. She was such a great set dog, did whatever was asked of her and made friends with the crew and the ranger who approached us to explain that we had ventured into the on leash section of the park. He was great and gave us permission to continue filming what we were doing. Of course there was a lot more footage taken, some obedience and other tricks, but they did a terrific job of editing.

Oh, if anybody by chance knows how to and has the capability of taping this when it is aired again over the next couple of weeks, I would be super grateful if you could do it for me, happy to pay :)

Aired Friday night on C31, will again be aired on C31 on Tuesday 22nd 9am

Foxtel Aurora - Wed 23rd March at 7.30pm, Thurs 24th March at12.30am, 5am, 1pm & 5pm

Prime 7 / 4ME - Friday 25th March at 6.30pm, Thurs 31st March at 4pm

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9C7_s4tBy6DV3VXU0phalYtMTQ/view?usp=drive_web

Really enjoyed watching it.

I got converted after to Rotties after looking after Reddogs two over the years, the only thing i suppose that puts me off owning one is the size, i wish they came in a slightly smaller package :laugh:

Really enjoyed watching it.

I got converted after to Rotties after looking after Reddogs two over the years, the only thing i suppose that puts me off owning one is the size, i wish they came in a slightly smaller package :laugh:

Hey Juice, are these smaller versions more to your liking :)

post-27202-0-59589900-1458542624_thumb.jpg

post-27202-0-42293000-1458542677_thumb.jpg

OT, but this got me thinking about size.

I have no idea why BT'S come in mini size now, seems a bit pointless to be, they are not huge dogs anyway.( well some are).

Yet a smaller rottie i would love, being an older female i find the exuberance and strength a bit much for me to handle.

So why have they never come smaller? any reason, so many breeds come in different sizes and was wondering if it ever came up?

The other point i suppose is training, perhaps if i trained one form a little munchkin i could handle it. :laugh:

OT, but this got me thinking about size.

I have no idea why BT'S come in mini size now, seems a bit pointless to be, they are not huge dogs anyway.( well some are).

Yet a smaller rottie i would love, being an older female i find the exuberance and strength a bit much for me to handle.

So why have they never come smaller? any reason, so many breeds come in different sizes and was wondering if it ever came up?

The other point i suppose is training, perhaps if i trained one form a little munchkin i could handle it. :laugh:

I understand what you are saying Juice. That said, Rottis are not a huge breed. I often have members of the public approach me and ask if my females are miniatures. And all the bitches I have ever owned are what is classified as Large in according to Breed Standard.

Given, the males are several cms taller and more substantial, but there are certainly lines and individual dogs that are on the lower end of BS.

Oddly enough, most of the folk in our breed (Australia wide) are women and many of them tiny slips of things. Personally I do not buy into the size question. I have never had to back myself against my dog's weight, it simply is not an issue.

They will never come in a smaller version because the ADRK and other breed enthusiasts are so passionate about the breed that no one would ever want to alter it.

The breed is bred for its abundant strength. It needs to be able to pull carts, tackle baddies (LOL) and herd cattle. It is intended to look imposing.

Our BS caters for 4 different sizes in both males and females that are all considered acceptable, so their size can vary significantly without it being a fault.

Even the majority of the males are way smaller than they used to be. 15-20 years ago the males were often considered Large or XLarge according to BS. Now the majority are Medium, some even Small.

It is quite easy to locate breeders whom breed for a more athletic dog, ones with slightly less substance and bone, which will not seem so hefty and strong perhaps.

Edited by Starkehre

I suppose i only have Reddogs two to compare to, and his girl is massive! Coupled with their excitement at seeing me made me think of the size thing. When i walk them they do settle quickly( only walked one at a time),But i'm sure if i had one it would be different.

His two changed my mind, from scared of them, to love them.

I know what you mean Juice.

I have owned BTs in the past and absolutely adore them. I would like to have another again one day. You and I may end up swapping breeds LOL... just kidding of course, couldn't see myself without at least one Rotti now.

Reddogs Rottis may be very high drive as well? That could add to the size impression if they are pretty full on. Drive levels vary significantly within the breed too.