Dogs On Patrol Event For Pet Dogs /brisbane

mita

http://northbrisbane.nhwq.org/2016/03/23/raise-the-ruff-dogs-on-patrol-is-back/

Qld Police & Neighbourhood Watch will hold a Dogs on Patrol afternoon at Roy Harvey Park Stafford on Sunday 17 April from 2.30pm to 4.30pm.

People are invited to bring their pet dogs to learn how to be watchful when out walking. Each dog is given for free a blue Dogs on Patrol tag, engraved with their name & phone number for their collar. There's lots of other activities, stalls, treats, food & drinks, too.

We took our tibbies to the event when held last year. The police expected about a hundred to attend but stopped counting at 500. Everyone & their dog had a fantastic time. There were dogs of all shapes & sizes & were well socialized and on leash, no argy bargy . My small dogs loved it! And now wear with pride their blue Dogs on Patrol tag that says 'Initiative of Qld Police Service'.

By popular demand it was requested to be repeated this year.

Edited by mita

• 3 weeks later...

I want to go but I'm car-less so wouldn't be able to take the dogs...I'm thinking about it though.

Anyone who goes, keep an eye out for Stacey Apples Photography, she did some great photos of Quinn the other week and should have photo books for sale at her stand that feature Quinn pics :)

SG, what a shame you're car-less at the moment....it really is a fantastic event. No wonder there was popular demand to hold it again. Even tho' our tibbies went & got their police tags last year, we're going again. Shall keep an eye out for Stacey Photography stand.