Item About Victoria Stilwell

persephone

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...but why would you cite an article that - falsely - contradicts 'THE SCIENCE BEHIND POSITIVE TRAINING'?...

a little bit off topic, but here 2 links that explains the 'real' difference between wolfs and dogs:

http://www.everythingwolf.com/news/readarticle.aspx?article=38

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2013/01/130117152012.htm

the articles are somehow unrelated, however Pat Goodmans article / findings make totally sense in context with Kathryn Lord's findings.

ETA: bugger, it happened again...I guess it is time to quit....

People who use terms and methodology derived from dominance and 'alpha wolves' are basing their premise on the need to show that they are the 'pack leader' by showing physical dominance/force/alpha rolls - physically holding the dog down etc. They say that 'this is what would happen in the wild'.All of these are based on the terms and methodology that Mech founded and which he now says is not true, that is not what would happen in the wild. So the pillars of their dog training methodology are false.

Edited by Kavik

Willem. Lie down before you hurt yourself.

Corvus, thanks for the advise - unfortunately it came too late.

The injury happend when I tested various footwear regarding suitability resisting a leash pulling dog. I'm embarrassed as my test preparation was lousy - and I should have known it better, I guess I got carried away! Thankfully no none else was injured during the testings...so clearly, it is time for me to quit this entertaining thread.

However, before I embark on the road to recovery, a last link showing the footage of the accident (not mine - VS's accident) which was finally released - I guess it was just a question of time till something like this popped up: VS's bite accident

Edited by Willem