Re Training

Mumsie

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Such great advice from experienced, compassionate, proactive professionals who have endless years of hands on experience, particularly with senior dogs. I personally know Powerlegs and Stelnmes care and commitment for senior dogs, truly amazing stuff, such an important role. Oldies are truly so special, always so very individual in their needs, it requires a holistic approach. We lost our darling old Kelpie Bella at 17 not that long ago. We took it a day at a time, everything we had done with Bella during her life with us (she was one amazing dog!) went out the window toward the end of her senior years :laugh: lets just say there was a lot of flexibility involved each day and god we laughed at times . It was very much a journey, I am so honoured we were able to have shared that experience with Bella . The thought of Bella being knowingly forced into a state of distress during this time is something I can not even begin to contemplate. For the OP, your little man is gorgeous :heart: enjoy this time and these experiences together. Find the humour in it all and remember we all get old. I am seriously going to be a major PIA if I get to that stage and have given the kids an idea of what they are in for :D

Interesting link . https://pethelpful.com/dogs/A-New-Study-May-Forever-Change-the-Way-We-Train-Our-Dogs there is another link to what has been released further down. I am not in any way spruiking this study, though it is an interesting study/read (for me) and something for each of us to digest no matter if a committed, responsible owner, trainer, behaviourist, vet, those of us working with dogs in any role.