Sorted! German Hunting Terrier Happy Ending.

Powerlegs

Due on the 27th which is enough days impounded that it was microchipped as such.

I don't know enough about the Jagded in Aus but thought I'd put this dog here just in case it is PB or if anyone knows a breeder. There's been a small handful of impounded Patterdale over the years so I assume it's not out of the realms of possibility.

Wollondilly Lost Found and Injured Pets

http://www.wollondilly.nsw.gov.au/resident-services/animals-listing/view/101

Please don't harass the pound unless you are interested in reclaim/adoption. :) They can't give you microchip/ownership detail information.

Edited by Powerlegs

I have one and have put the word out to all my breed contacts, I am confident she will go home or the breed community will step up for her :) awesome dogs but not for everybody.

Looks pure bred to me, they come in the same 3 coat types as the Jack Russell (smooth, broken and rough) & have a height range of 33-40cm so wide size range as well. As for numbers, there are around 50-60 regd dogs and however many other non ankc. They are a hunting dog, almost exclusively worked and are great escape artists or go missing on a hunt!

Edited by SpikesPuppy

:thanks: Thank you!

It would be great if she was reclaimed or went to someone who knows the breed and can keep her busy & challenged. Cute and scruffy but too much terrier for me and I guess a lot of rescues would find her a bit too much as well. :laugh:

They sure are! People always joke and ask if they hunt rats because they are so small.... when I tell them there is nothing they won't take on, they don't believe me. So I tell them to YouTube it hehe. They are a neat little package thoughnif you want an all around small hunting pal.

update: the owner decided to surrender the bitch to the pound (including handing over the papers). Breeder has been contacted and I believe she will be rehomed with a friend of the breeder.

Apparently she kept escaping and the owner had enough. Drives me nuts when people do not do their research! They arewwell known escape artists and will follow their drive to hunt whenever they can. They are notorious climbers as well. Oh well hopefully she will be in a more suitable home :)

Thank you for posting this, Powerlegs! I had a few people let me know about her so it is definitely worth sharing the info. The breed community was ready to step up as well, so don't hesitate to let me know if you spot another one.

Some pics of my girl as a thank you ;)

post-2621-0-22683900-1461021535_thumb.jpg

post-2621-0-78477600-1461021556_thumb.jpg

post-2621-0-23829600-1461021705_thumb.jpg

Thank you for posting this, Powerlegs! I had a few people let me know about her so it is definitely worth sharing the info. The breed community was ready to step up as well, so don't hesitate to let me know if you spot another one.

Some pics of my girl as a thank you ;)

Ohhh wow she looks amaaazing. Especially where she is looking straight into the camera. :heart: Super intense and smart.

I'm so grateful for how quick the breed community leapt into action!

And especially that she has eyes on her and the best chance at leading the life she needs instead of being a bouncer from unprepared homes.