Dead Dogs Breeder.

GeckoTree

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The dogs, which are believed to be of the show breeds Amstaff, Chinese Crested and Lakeland Terrier breeds, were allegedly shot and buried because the dog breeder was relocating her business and couldn't take every animal with her.

sounds like they were the lucky ones .

Not against the law in Victoria (farming lobby) and I understand quite the most humane way if done properly, I would rather be shot if I didn't know it was coming than be given a green needle which always must be traumatic to a sentient animal...no matter how tastefully it is handled

sounds like they were the lucky ones .

Not against the law in Victoria (farming lobby) and I understand quite the most humane way if done properly, I would rather be shot if I didn't know it was coming than be given a green needle which always must be traumatic to a sentient animal...no matter how tastefully it is handled

our dogs' lives are ended by our hand . They have no idea , are at home alongside us , and it is instant .

Not sure of the point of that story - life with that breeder doesn't sound enviable :(

NSW laws for breeding dogs.

HUmAne deStrUCtion

8.3.1 Standards8.3.1.1 Where treatment to restore the physical and mentalhealth of a dog or cat while in the facility is impracticalor unsuccessful and where it is recommended bya veterinary practitioner, the dog or cat must behumanely destroyed.8.3.1.2 Euthanasia of dogs and cats must only be performed bya veterinary surgeon or a person who is a euthanasiatechnician.

8.3.1.3 Euthanasia must be performed by the intravenousadministration of an overdose of pentobarbitonesodium unless there are compelling reasons to useother methods to destroy a dog or cat.

8.3.1.4 Euthanasia must be conducted in an area that isseparated from animal accommodation at the facilityand must not be carried out in view of any otheranimals.

Watching Starkhere's videos on puppy training - then reading/seeing this horror .. a world apart , and so very sad :(

I often think this Persephone especially when I see pups in the pound kept in an enclosed yard 24 hours a day. Starkhere's thread is so beautiful. I really enjoy the updates.

HUmAne deStrUCtion

8.3.1 Standards8.3.1.1 Where treatment to restore the physical and mentalhealth of a dog or cat while in the facility is impracticalor unsuccessful and where it is recommended bya veterinary practitioner, the dog or cat must behumanely destroyed.8.3.1.2 Euthanasia of dogs and cats must only be performed bya veterinary surgeon or a person who is a euthanasiatechnician.

8.3.1.3 Euthanasia must be performed by the intravenousadministration of an overdose of pentobarbitonesodium unless there are compelling reasons to useother methods to destroy a dog or cat.

8.3.1.4 Euthanasia must be conducted in an area that isseparated from animal accommodation at the facilityand must not be carried out in view of any otheranimals.

...these guidelines (?) are part of the 'Animal Welfare Code of Practice', but they are not laws representing NSW legislation?

HUmAne deStrUCtion

...these guidelines (?) are part of the 'Animal Welfare Code of Practice', but they are not laws representing NSW legislation?

These are not guidelines they are standards which are enforceable - they are also covered under POCTAA in NSW.