Perses' Pups

persephone

I know you have said in the past you dont ride horses, but looking at the country there I think it would be the perfect place to have a small strong stocky little horse no bigger than 14hands, probably more like 13hands, an old style Australian pony. I could just see you riding out with a troop of dogs trotting alongside you, a packed lunch in one saddle bag and your camera in the other.

Luckily Don is quick !!

Old Bruce maybe 12 , but can still bounce and try to headbutt the dogs! ..(and he's no little lamb)

14441004_10154058647714007_3275737446272143589_n.jpg?oh=17b254585e49db91e9c133c0135a0f7e&oe=587C3CCD

no, Bruce isn't really dirty - just the outside lanoline-rich layer which helps stop dust.prickles & rain :) The inner wool is shiny and clean :)

Edited by persephone

Bruce is a sooky free ranger - he has the run of the place ..and was never meant for eating !! We took him about 10 yrs ago ,as he was headbutting his owners, and their dogs , plus demolishing teh garden, and he was destined to be dog food , to the horror of the then little girl who raised him .

he took some time, and some extreme treatment to cut back on the head butting - thankfully age has helped ;) he is HUGE ....It usually takes 2 of us to get him under control - or a couple of dogs and one human , cos he just can't be grabbed and tipped because of his size LOL .poor Bruce.

he says hello to the other sheep as they walk past ..and will graze with them for 20 mins or so - but has never gone with them .. he loves a massage or ear scratch in his mellow moments ;)