Perses' Pups

persephone

• 1 month later...

So anxious about leaving my gang for 2 weeks ..  :/ 

The boss isn't really keen on them ... and they certainly will have  a very different time of it . 

I go away so infrequently  that they don't have experience ... 

:( 

• 1 month later...

Time to start taking dog photos again ....  I so miss my Molly ... :(

Anyhow .. here's the Puddeny one this morning , sniffing out rabbits in the paddock ..and using "eye" on Mary . (doesn't work on her) 

18519521_10154755398659007_9206153925008

18556076_10154755378219007_5570344763498

• Like 5

PUDDEN!!!!

I do love the derp-man...

T.

:)  I have trouble 'reading' him ... He does't show a lot of emotion, really ..Dear Don is an open book .. as was Molly .  Puddley - I am now spending more time with him , using a lot more treats, and hoping to fall in love properly at some time ;)  The Boss bemoans Pud's hearing/sight limitations, as The White Hound can really cover a lot of ground with an easy lope , like his mum & grandma ... he does have 'eye' , and enjoys chasing the feral goats (on the other side of the yard fence ) 
Pud also doesn't have a lot of delicacy or finesse   LOL- 'bull in china shop' comes to mind .When he jumps into the rear tray/cab of  Rodeo ..he is only stopped by the cab wall ! Thankfully he does love his bed - now I've fortified it with a HUGE thick blanket  that he can't scratch out the front onto the dirt ...
He gets called Pluto , Pud, pudjly (my most common nickname used for him) , and gives us lots of laughs  :D 

• Like 1

Pluto the Planet also has a mild crisis of identity  or "differences" history: it's a planet, then no no - struck off the list, it's just a small aberrant moon.  Who knew planets had fan-clubs defending them?  So now it's officially a planet again, popular support pressure.

I think Pluto suits him better than Pudden now.  (And it has a great history with white Lipizzaner horses). 

• Like 2

Pluto the Planet also has a mild crisis of identity  or "differences" history: it's a planet, then no no - struck off the list, it's just a small aberrant moon.  Who knew planets had fan-clubs defending them?  So now it's officially a planet again, popular support pressure.

I think Pluto suits him better than Pudden now.  (And it has a great history with white Lipizzaner horses). 

Oh. Are there Pluto Lippizaners?

...  Pluto appears to have been one of the foundation stallions. :)  (please correct me if I'm wrong PC).

Oh yes, the best.  I am so prejudiced.  When Marianne Christiansen imported Pluto Plutona from the Spanish Riding School to Canberra (Marianne's father invented Lego: irrelevant) she gave me a service from Pluto for my Anglo Arab mare, so I had a first-cross filly.  Then another stallion came out, not sure of eventual ownership, and my mare had a service by him but I didn't get papers so maybe ownership was in discussion: I think that was Pluto Nima but not sure.  And the foal this time was a colt.  This was in about the early 1980s.

The stallions get a mention here:

http://www.annwnpark.com.au/lipizzaner-aus.html

Bonita, probably the longest surviving of Pluto's foals, just passed this year:

http://annwnpark.com.au/bonita.html

Marianne was so ahead of her time in horse breeding in Australia - she was taken too young by Leukaemia, and I think the family all returned to Denmark when the property sold.

• Like 2