Perses' Pups

persephone

A pleasant surprise this evening :) The Boss let 2 ratbags inside .. & they came barrelling in & jumped onto his (empty) chair in the lounge . ....then discovered I was there ..so came & said hello .
they played for a few minutes ..grabbed a toy sheep ..bounced on the couch ..then I had both of them with me ..one on each arm of my chair, for about 1/2 hr of TV watching :) 

• Like 4

What a good sheepie schoolmaster.  I thought of Bruce today too - was feeding Jack etc, and realised he suddenly has the "old sheep" look about him, still eating okay but must check his teeth, see if Gumnuts needed yet.  (So was going to ask how Bruce is coping with the heat and dust: philosophical or over it).

• Like 1

Bruce is doing Ok ..I guess he's used to it .... he just finds a cool spot  & plonks . he has two feeds a day ... chaff & a mix which is actually a 'rabbit' mix .. but suitable for sheep as well  . Of course he does prune fruit trees etc :) ..and will knock me down (literally) for a weetbix!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The lads celebrated Aussie day in their own way ...

I heard some barking ..then more barking ...
it went on for a while , & sounded as if they had something bailed up , so I went to check . Roo/snake/ bunyip .... none of them any good :(

It was actually a small mob of 5 sheep , and they were not moving anywhere!! The boys had them surrounded :)  

I took 10 points from Gryffindor for the barking , and gave each pup 50 points for initiative !

The Boss immediately got a phone call to let him know the news , and the lads each had a small peanut butter sandwich   ;) 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

the boys found the yard full of goats. They did spend some time there with The Boss yesterday ... but today was an excursion of their own making 
oops. 

Recall? What recall was that ?  :( 

I had to go in the yard & scoop them up ...they were having such a wonderful time !!! Nothing silly ... the goats certainly were not about to mash them . 
However , freedom is now severely curtailed for a few days !! 
4 mths old & the world's their playground .....*sigh* 

51847147_10156318760924007_8092699768511266816_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_eui2=AeFAanMt7yJ4qzQyXu_uwvytyjUIlTFcCKuhJYUjnqDFiw6wp4dH9j6Cg96C1jlnWt_MD5-W1N_v-pjdeg-TabjFplrOYvHIETdBWiDLotQaYA&_nc_ht=scontent-syd2-1.xx&oh=06e2f19c9c975fba66798e4b17bf2273&oe=5CFD347B

Image may contain: outdoor

• Like 3

1 hour ago, tdierikx said:

They are so going to be AWESOME workers!

On a side note... how divine are those goats? Big healthy looking things... and so many pretty colours! Pity they are feral and a massive pest to farms... *sigh*

T.

Yes..:(  I  try so hard to not go near the holding yards  ..seeing all those   makes me sad, tho They  put food on the table ..and ARE food ON the table sometimes ... 
Rge boys showed no fear , whiich is good ..they both used "eye" ...but were a tad too noisy   from excitement :P  It's a promising start . pudden sat there  , wondering ....I am so glad he never got started .

It's simply amazing when you get the first glimpses of the pups' instinct to do what they do best though, isn't it? They have certainly inherited that from their mum... and their good looks from their dad... *grin*

Our babies at work come from the same sort of goats... the adults in the same situation as yours. It can seem horrible to some city folks, but farmers have to survive somehow, and those feral goats can be so destructive if their populations are allowed to grow too large. Smaller populations are great for weed control though, yes?

T.

yes..

not 'just' farmers..

The Boss took me for a drive on one Government-owned  property he patrols  and proudly showed me groves of young native trees ... all looking healthy, and all germinated/grown since goats have been removed .Goats are absolute death on so many of our indigenous plants , and it was such a thrill to see-even in drought times , the regeneration happening!! 
He was  SO pleased with the  visible results of his hard work :) 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, tdierikx said:

…. It can seem horrible to some city folks, but farmers have to survive somehow, and those feral goats can be so destructive

I think most people are reasonably educated now on soil and land degradation, the reasons and the remedies.  What 'city people' and equally a lot of country people find unacceptable is treatment of brumbies, goats, camels, on their last day/s - not the fact that they need to be off the land.  (Just as so many from both backgrounds will never accept live transport as an acceptable option).

Great to hear the trees are being given a chance and able to regenerate even through the dry times, and even more-so that Govt land isn't being neglected totally.  The bits of Govt land around us are fox and rabbit repositories, they depend on myxie outbreaks for rabbits and nearby farms to shoot foxes, do nothing themselves.

And hey, whatever, stunning photos those two!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, persephone said:

yes..

not 'just' farmers..

The Boss took me for a drive on one Government-owned  property he patrols  and proudly showed me groves of young native trees ... all looking healthy, and all germinated/grown since goats have been removed .Goats are absolute death on so many of our indigenous plants , and it was such a thrill to see-even in drought times , the regeneration happening!! 
He was  SO pleased with the  visible results of his hard work :) 

As he should be perse... it must be really awesome to see such positive results, yes?

T.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, PossumCorner said:

I think most people are reasonably educated now on soil and land degradation, the reasons and the remedies.  What 'city people' and equally a lot of country people find unacceptable is treatment of brumbies, goats, camels, on their last day/s - not the fact that they need to be off the land.  (Just as so many from both backgrounds will never accept live transport as an acceptable option).

Great to hear the trees are being given a chance and able to regenerate even through the dry times, and even more-so that Govt land isn't being neglected totally.  The bits of Govt land around us are fox and rabbit repositories, they depend on myxie outbreaks for rabbits and nearby farms to shoot foxes, do nothing themselves.

And hey, whatever, stunning photos those two!

That is so sad to hear PC...

T.