Perses' Pups

persephone

Dags in his nice new hi-vis collar from K9 pro !! Not often I buy new things ..these were on sale ..yayyy!! I also bought a new 'longline' as my other one has finally unravelled and become unusable :( it lasted years!! Bought it from a DOler . 
the new gear is made of Syn Tek ..my first experience with said product ... so we shall see. I DO like the fact that it does not attract prickles/dirt/moisture :)

(Snaphooks are on all collars . It means a dog can quickly be secured with reasonable safety almost anywhere ..on a jeans belt loop, a fence wire, a piece of twine..even a tree root ..and still have a swivel to turn  with. )
V21uDp_ko2BJg2Qwx7fgntveoreBxKQ8RWtWj1nyRkUGutOwdtvctFLm44zUveVwkaesAs6XJqPD6OiA41nYNI1lwli3zjfxwe6twzejkSm9xUSmeqOTCijzNcUYuEs7x1V8O92ArwhVNyRKK51V5zfnxDff3m_g4xUEGK1WfeFKIfrE5piecdoSJdXM_lVG2csbyqwE78uuTo0Tiw4nilXFqMGS-YH-qc5reH4g4WfU4MrSFQN3JDYeOMa63pxDPW7tVFYmWOXcP-et4UamtsZ1_wAbFX6bzcLBE499gbay2trcJ42TQx_XEytUhcNcUOfY6zE3y-sD-aWQxBkdC89eNkPjciUoxJfnL1N9zE5zmN050kYHEPhS2aKXZ30V7syLSW280CpFoKqG_90SoNrhCVh9h5khDcHnv8myFl0DDAQ2Yz6PhaQL3bOv1iqx0r3PAujbx3ZBk31FGRQaRCBR0gvql2iqymhJe7YpjQXv9hAmkhM1-_wYajzVYW-rW7s6uEYIBZpvAJ-bgd3t4tXMhfU_Ti83pmApWHpqUVU3rE2vyqTkwoK-4MqhSig6-Rua8Csn5HSUNo3lHvzDvu6-Js3pvwozwezJt9uMRVKTAh863vlBaC0qpmyoQyKk8fxOGQbSyy_2ZC6NogBzzo8aR92_Vgk_ZxnSlmKQ_LfHWcKAngOmVQ=w681-h908-no

• Like 4

• 2 months later...

Sadly the boys aren't really working, as normally they get training with our our sheep. Our sheep are in no state to run around..so the boys are living the good life - mostly indoors with me !! DAGS HAS been out once or twice for a day, and done reasonably well.

Lord knows how they'll  end up !

Clive is funny...I have a rotten cold, and if I sneeze or cough, he's  there, leaning on my knee, looking at me...

Oh.they both bailed up a feral cat today! Poor scrawny thing it was..it escaped down a rabbit hole after a  brief skirmish.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

managed to catch Don with Min this afternoon .. in a cool spot  :) poor old Don ..Mr Greybeard!! Min is such a gentle soul ..so like her Mum , Bo . Mini-me in more then looks :) Her & sibling BB found a dead bunny yesterday . BB looked at me over her share  ..said "MINE" ..& disappeared . ( we will have a talk about this ) 

Min came up to me , mouth full of  dripping deliciousness , sat at my knee  when I asked "Watch'a got, Min?" poked her nose toward me, let me look in her mouth ..& was quite happy to share , unlike the devil-child ( who I also love)  LOL ...sigh... 

Image may contain: dog and outdoor

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/12/2019 at 6:51 PM, persephone said:

managed to catch Don with Min this afternoon .. in a cool spot  :) poor old Don ..Mr Greybeard!! Min is such a gentle soul ..so like her Mum , Bo . Mini-me in more then looks :) Her & sibling BB found a dead bunny yesterday . BB looked at me over her share  ..said "MINE" ..& disappeared . ( we will have a talk about this ) 

Min came up to me , mouth full of  dripping deliciousness , sat at my knee  when I asked "Watch'a got, Min?" poked her nose toward me, let me look in her mouth ..& was quite happy to share , unlike the devil-child ( who I also love)  LOL ...sigh... 

Image may contain: dog and outdoor

Love that boy :heart:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

As long as I live, I will never REALLY understand these creatures :)  thankfully. 
Dags has been out to work a few times now- mustering large mobs of wild/feral goats . tied up in the back of th 4WD ..some rough riding on the motorbike...learning to cast out wide around goats..to move where wanted ..work with the others ...in the heat .
And he's doing OK. The Boss is quite pleased, considering the housedog existence so far ....
the thing that's got me is since then , he doesn't rush to come inside of a morning when unclipped from his chain ..& after the mad morning run ... he just goes & lies down at 'his' spot where his chain & kennel is! he will come in on occasion , but not like a week ago when he'd be almost knocking Clive & I over ! LOL 
It's almost like " I'm adult now- I do things differently" .
Makes me laugh at the look on his face . The Boss came home the other day & asked Dags had he got in big trouble  to be outside? LOL he had a wry smile too ... And at night ... I just walk out the door, and Dags jumps up on the stones at 'his' place & waits for me to attach the chain ....
before you OOh & Ahh too much- the lad sadly likes to throw his weight around :( ..except with his dad. Pud rolls him regularly!! 
( now for Clive to put on HIS 'big boy pants" HA, HA !! )

here's the hysterical princess....

82718276_2488358198090533_6318363020921667584_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_eui2=AeGVG5kxozgLjZW72hHWvGQlQdEEDVz_PNtG-B9wwmVStpqssPdreVBZDfWypbb-bku2RVsCb0Aa6FqnfX0T9zAX037CvM3vC_tXSHeKDo8J5w&_nc_oc=AQk2YazeaZXTm7gI_2SjYT3cG0_fIEe8T0qH9eMPGxrApuRhwvTIn1BgHswW0r4UcGY8uN0N-ttV8xt72CKl5B4g&_nc_ht=scontent-syd2-1.xx&_nc_tp=1002&oh=93252a62d26395661b12577fcce837b8&oe=5E9B47AE

Edited by persephone
  • Haha 1

On 1/17/2020 at 6:20 AM, tdierikx said:

Good boy Dags!!

Clive... don't you want to go out on the same adventures with the Boss? I reckon once you get up the energy/nerve, you'll be as good at it as your brother...

T.

Poor Clive :( 
he won't get on the motor bike ...
he has a new name ..."Precious"  named by the Boss. 
Oh well ... he's good company for me , and so far hasn't marked inside , unlike certain black and white dogs I won't mention .... :(

One day  he will be ready to work , I'm sure. meanwhile Dags has been out several days in succession, and has also worked a few sheep :) As is usual-The Boss's working dogs are mostly ones I do not "LOVE" (Except for BO..the mother of the boys, and the ferals) ..and the ones which gravitate to me ..he cannot stand.  *sigh* 
Dags does make me laugh tho LOL He really is a "Dag" & does some funny things 
Clive can be funny too..
last night, after The Boss fed a yard full of Feral Goats & came inside he had one straw stalk on his pants leg. It fell off, & precious Pup picked it up & brought it to me . I threw it ..& he brought it back as he does with most things  ... so for 5 minutes we played fetch with a bent and split stalk of straw! LOL he's different , alright :P 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1