Perses' Pups

persephone

• 1 month later...

Anyone remember baby Dags ?   No photo description available.

Well, 

Here he is yesterday after his first solo "lift and fetch"...a very happy boy!

He was sent from the parked 4WD to find and bring these sheep back to the 4WD from the trees in the middle background. He's a youngster, about 16 mths old ...needs to mature a lot, but did very well, considering he can be such a goofy clown of a thing    :)   The Boss was so proud, he actually got a photo of it!!  ;) 

Image may contain: sky, cloud, outdoor and nature

• Like 3

OMG!! What acutie!

Now young Ocka... there are already enough house dogs... so you are going to have to grow up to be a good worker like your mum and dad, OK?

Huggles little man... dream of rounding up sheepies and goaties, OK?

T.

• Haha 1

ocka spent his first night OUTSIDE (in the porch, in a cosy pen, still with Mum) last night ... *sigh* the road to becoming a real dog begins .I'm the one who didn't get to sleep until late - so the HW bottle I put in would stay warm thru the night ;)   
eating dry food and minced chicken frames like they're going out of fashion ... and LOVING beef rib bones etc :) (had his first bone @ 4 weeks ) 

Mum is on a diet as she looks a bit like a coffee table  :o .......& doesn't have a lot of milk...just the way I like it :) they are more 'companions' now....& she can eat her bone in the pen without him trying to get it after  him learning THE lesson at a couple of weeks old when I thought I'd lost him  :(
 I gave her an edible bone, and she snuck it into her bed ..next thing (I was on the phone) there's yelping and screaming and growling and things falling down ...
She had snapped and connected with his snout. he yelled the house down, with good reason.
One of 'the ferals' rushed to see what happened, so she got rolled for her trouble, with much noise, and saliva and action! 
When I checked the baby, I was appalled to see a neat hole right thru the nasal bone, with blood bubbles coming out one nostril and the "blowhole"
 :( I had all sorts of visions - none of them good...torn turbinates, perforated palate.... 
I immediately flushed the hole with saline a couple of times - settled him down, and sent a quick message to St Francis! 
Something worked - there was NO swelling whatsoever..no bruising, no infection!
 -   *whew* .being so very young proved a big advantage  :love: 

never a dull moment with dogs. 
This him @ a week old .....

93624139_1122531698080472_6493441027666345984_n_200517104230.jpg

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, persephone said:

be interesting to see the finished product :)

If he follows the good looks of his dad and mum, he'll be stunning methinks... and hopefully he'll also be an awesome worker too...

T.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just thinking, as contented doggie noises float thru the window, how fortunate we are , able to leave the young  man free range for an hour or two with his mum, the ferals and Clive..plus Don, Pudden and Dags nearby on their  chains. He is so well mannered and well aware of the size difference, as are the adults, that play is all just so lovely and  ordered...we are indeed lucky  :)

NO WAY would I  suggest ANYONE run a baby puppy around so many adults normally.!He learns so quickly,and is built  like a wombat !

He is so funny..he plonks his little bum down when the Boss says his name...and often raises one paw..it looks very cute...like a wise old soul.

His escape proof pen was breached..but has been modified ;) I PREFER babies to be safely enclosed when I'm  not around !Little smarty....

We have had a very tough time lately, and having this munchkin has been very good medicine   .....

• Like 3