Amber Isn't Well

JulesP

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't get much sleep. The pain meds must have worn off at about 4.00am and she was a bit distressed when I checked her. Gave her more meds and settled her down.

She did a couple of wees in her bed and has eaten this morning. Doesn't want to drink and is quite zonked out still.

Probably should have used an easier to wash bed last night as how I have a thick foam one to wash.

She wanted to go for a walk this morning though!

Poppy gave me a heart attack too when she wouldn't eat this morning! But it was only because I had put her food in Amber's bowl and she knows she isn't supposed to eat from there.

It's good that you were able to take her home for the night and be there with her first thing today. When does Amber go back for a check-up, not til stitches are due out, or sooner? Look after yourself, I know easy said, but you must.

The vets were great and sent a nurse out here today to take out her catheter and give her a check over. She goes to see a vet on Friday for a check too.

Her gums are a little pale but they were pale anyway. She has eaten, had a drink and a wee.

Going to have fun with the stitches as she really does not like the cone!

We have both been napping much of the day.