Amber Isn't Well

JulesP

Amber went off her food early last week and by Thursday didn't want to eat at al. Not a super unusual occurrence due to her liver shunts but concerning as she has no weight to lose.

She went to the vets for her yearly check up on Thursday and nothing seemed greatly amiss. Friday she still wasn't eating so the vet gave her an anti-nausea tablet. I've been basically hand feeding her tiny amounts of food. Last night she looked unsettled so I did debate taking her to the emergency vet but last time they couldn't do much for her. This morning she has a vaginal discharge (reddy/cream). So I am now freaking out more than normal.

She has a vet appointment in 30 mins.

She seems not happy but fairly bright and trotting around.

If this is Pyometria then that is a bit of a problem treatment wise. Surgery is risky and so is the hormone treatment.

Edited by JulesP

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well she has Endometritis. We have caught it fairly early so are currently treating with a couple of antibiotics in an effort to stave off full blown pyometra.

She is currently refusing to eat anything but still appears fairly bright.

It is lucky that I keep such an eagle eye on her. Can see how these early stages could be missed.

The fear is that she will keep getting these infections and she is only supposed to be speyed as an emergency procedure.

And super timing of it being a long weekend.

Guest crazydoglady99

Ooohhh what's that stuff DDD mentioned on a thread recently? Nutrigel?

Oh I cant remember :(

Hope everyone feels better soon. Scary stuff.

I am very sorry to hear your girl isn't well.

Have you tried offering Lectade, syringing small amount frequently if she won't drink it herself?

Got to keep the fluids up if nothing else.

It has often been the only thing that my girl will have if she is very unwell....she won't drink it if she is OK.

She is refusing her special drink too and I tried some recovery food mixed to liquid form.

We went and saw Moss today. Very cool they are open on a Sunday. I said you had referred me. i liked him a lot.

She is refusing her special drink too and I tried some recovery food mixed to liquid form.

We went and saw Moss today. Very cool they are open on a Sunday. I said you had referred me. i liked him a lot.

Oh I'm so pleased! He is really good. I was there yesterday with Ginny's poor face full of hives. I saw Jacinta who is also very compassionate.

Damn. She's on such a restricted diet it's difficult to suggest something tasty.

Edited by The Spotted Devil

Diet is out of the window. I've even tried BBQ chicken. she ate some yesterday but will not today. And I got a cooked sausage from a sausage sizzle., she had some of that yesterday. Tried 4 Leggs. Tried yogurt. She ate a little bit of cheese before. Tried Good-Os, her fav thing in the world.

Not sure I would be eating either if I had the same stuff coming out of me as she has. At least it isn't green!