Amber Isn't Well

JulesP

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She seems pretty good. Is eating and drinking. She is wanting to scratch and lick a fair bit but think she is trying to lick the shaved bits rather than the actual wound. She is rather private about toileting so that is a bit of an issue as I have to let her off the lead. She is then hiding in bushes to have a lick session!

I am really knackered!

Poppy is being very good. Laying quietly with Amber and helping to demonstrate how to use a ramp after I realised Amber hadn't actually been up it before. It was one of those 'lassie' moment were she saw me having trouble and came over and gave Amber a lick and then went up and down the ramp for me. :laugh:

Poppy is being very good. Laying quietly with Amber and helping to demonstrate how to use a ramp after I realised Amber hadn't actually been up it before. It was one of those 'lassie' moment were she saw me having trouble and came over and gave Amber a lick and then went up and down the ramp for me. :laugh:

She sounds like a saint :)

Guest crazydoglady99

So pleased everything is going well thus far :)

Excellent updates! :)

Had a bit of a stressful day yesterday. I hadn't seen Amber poo since her operation and she did a massive vomit yesterday so I freaked out a bit. She still seemed fairly bright. Vets couldn't find anything wrong.

Took her to her fav park on a long line today and she finally pooed. :cheer:

Bit of a dodgy photo but she must be feeling more comfortable if she wants to sleep like this!

post-10280-0-75787800-1464320753_thumb.jpeg

That's a happy dog pic :)

+1. Apart from the clipper rash (poor Amber), that's a good progress report, Jules. :thumbsup: And isn't it funny how as fellow dog people, we understand the celebration over a poo (applies to cats like my Clyde the Swallower too.)

Yeah you always want that first wee, poo, drink and eat. I don't tend to relax until it does.

She is still being quite weird about being out in the garden. No real idea why and just wants to come back inside. It is a nice day now. She is not normally in the house either during the day.

I'll take her back to the park tomorrow and we can all totter around slowly, sit on the bench etc.