Do Your Dogs Get Sick Often? Hemagiosarcoma On The Heart

SarasMum

SarahsMum I'm so sad for you :( I had a few days with my staffy before he was put down and like you spoiled the bejimminies out of him. I'd had a physio appointment booked for him for ages and still got the physio to come as he loved seeing him. Physio and I had a major teary :( Generous man didn't charge for the visit.

I still cry thinking about him. They leave a hole that's for sure.

Make the most of your last days together.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh SM, I'm so sorry, what a shock. I was actually thinking of suggesting booking in a farewell time with the vet so you know you can be with her but I wasn't it was appropriate. I think that is a good decision.

What a brilliant life she has had with you. And now a short period of feeling unwell but being spoiled and she will go to the rainbow bridge. I'm so sorry it is happening but I think you have done so beautifully be her :hug:

I'm so sorry, I lost my whippet boy Flynn 18 months ago with Hemangiosarcoma of the heart, I had the fluid drained from the pericardium twice, which gave him about 4 weeks of relief each time, but the last time it built up I had to make the kindest decision I could for him, he was only 11...too young !!

Enjoy the time you have left together and take care of yourself too !!

Haemangiosarcoma sucks. Since I lost my boy to it I have heard of so many others so its not uncommon sadly. My boy Jack was a Malinois cross and from first looking off and skipping a meal, unheard of, to the end was only 3 days. His was in his belly. It was all over everything but primarily through his liver and spleen. He was bleeding internally.

Sorry for your situation. I wish I'd done what you are doing and just have as good a last few days as possible. I was talked into 'maybe surgery will work' and instead we just ended up not waking him up. Poor boy's last memory is with strangers at the vet after me walking out leaving him there. I really expected it would be a quick op and all OK but it wasn't. I didn't realise till later that I never got to say goodbye. Enjoy your last days with her. So sorry.

Unfortunately she took a turn this afternoon and she is now running free at the Bridge. We are devastated.

Oh no, I'm so sorry.

Well done on giving her a brilliant last few days. She got nicely spoiled. What a lucky dog to have you looking out for her.