Transport From Tville Qld To Perth Wa

We are looking at possibly moving to Perth in the next 12 months, it is just talk right now but I have no idea how much it would cost to get our pets over there.

I have contacted a few places such as Jetpets etc but no one has gotten back to me as yet.

Can anyone recommend a reliable pet transport company? Or how much it cost them for a similar trip?

I cant get an exact quote unless I give dates etc which I obviously can't do, I'm just after a round ball park figure for them so we can see what our options are money wise/saving up etc.

Each cat is around 5kgs and both dogs are Belgian Shepherds around 20kgs.

My friend recently flew her cats, birds and dog from Perth to Qld.

They went on the same flight as her and it was a lot cheaper. Though still over $1000.

She booked through Qantas Freight. Everything went smoothly.

Happy to ask her more questions if you want me too :)

Thankyou Ivy-Badger, that would be great if you don't mind? Id love to know how much each one was individually if that's not too nosy lol.

$1000 sounds quite reasonable, I was thinking more $3000 and getting ready for a heart attack.

How many cats did she have? I'm gathering one dog only? Was it a big dog?

Sorry about all the questions!

One of us will still be driving over so even if we just fly the cats and the dogs can road trip it with the whoever is driving.

*Edited to add, just saw you have a Belgian!! :) :)

Edited by VoodooKitten

I was also thinking if the costs are out of your range just sent the cats via air and drive the dogs.

Could get quite tricky road tripping with the cats!

Contact Baycity travel in QLD.

If your flying each person can take one as excess baggage & freight for the others .So take the dogs as Excess & freight the cats

Price wise hard to say because it can be charged in sectors so you may find it easier to fly out direct from Brisbane

When I moved from Perth to Melbourne I flew dogs and cats over. But that was a long time ago and I don't recall costs.

Jetpets have a very good reputation from m what I know.

One comment. Be aware of weather. I'm aware of some dreadful heart breaking heat issues including death where animals have been in hangers for too long on high temperature days. Id above booking flights in the hot months.

Vets can advise on pros and cons of sedation or other options for nervous pets.

Vets can advise on pros and cons of sedation or other options for nervous pets.

Dogs shouldn't be sedated for flying & the airlines do not recommend due to the dog unable to react to turbulence & control its body temperature .If someone did it it would be at the risk of the owner .