Run Free With The Angels Sweet Roxy Fox

tdierikx

Today I had the distinct priviledge to say my goodbyes to the oldest resident at Sydney Fox Rescue.

Roxy didn't really think she was a fox, she thought she was a dog... and demanded tummy rubs from all her fave people regularly... and loudly!

She was nearly 12 years old, which is an amazing innings for a fox - even in captivity.

I feel honoured to have been counted as one of "her" people this past year, and have many fond memories of her tanties when I wasn't quick enough to respond to her tummy rub demands... foxes can get really LOUD, as Roxy could happily demonstrate... lol!

During her recent annual checkup and dental clean, the vets found an aggressively malignant cancerous growth in her jaw, which was inoperable and untreatable by any method that would be well tolerated by an animal in their twilight years, so the hard decision was made to give her her wings with dignity and love. All her fave people came from far and wide for one last cuddle, and now she is at peace chasing bunnies at the Bridge (I'm sure they let in foxes who think they are dogs there)...

I shall be looking out for a new star in the heavens tonight and raising a glass to sweet Roxy fox.

post-23772-0-85405900-1462165872_thumb.jpg

T.

:heart:

I'm sure they let all animals in, even the confused dog-foxes.

course they do Scottsmum, foxes can find that heavenly gate ajar. and snick through it in a flash

Have fun over the Bridge Roxy-fox

Foxes can be funny buggers... many hand reared ones tend to be pretty friendly with their regular carers, but quite stand-offish with new people. Roxy was a bit like that, and it was a massive priviledge to have her decide that I was one of "her" people... the first time we met, she tried to bite me... lol!

Massive kudos to Fox Rescue keeping her comfortable and safe so that her old carer (before she came to fox rescue) could make the trip from London to see her one last time and be there as she got her wings.

T.

Sorry T. You love them so hard.

I think you are very right there Katdogs... they are really pretty amazing critters when you get to know them and their peculiarities... *grin*

I love pretty much all critters... except Huntsman spiders... hehe!

T.