Maddison

SarasMum

Today we said goodbye to our baby girl. She was a great watch dog, loyal friend and fantastic bed warmer. I am just lost for words. I have a massive ache in my heart that I am not sure can be fixed. She has never been sick a day in her life, until Saturday when she went downhill quickly. Diagnosis of Hermagiosarcoma on the heart with a poor outcome. We had a nice couple of days spent having lots of cuddles and she indulged in a few naughty foods that were always on the no go list. Yesterday we had party pies and boston bun for lunch. She met me this morning for her piece of cheese (Sari has a Claratyne tucked in to cheese per day and Maddison always got some cheese herself) but by this afternoon she had gone downhill and the decision was made. You know she is a much loved dog when the vet nurse is crying alongside you.

Farewell my sweet girl, say hello to Tori and Gemma.

Maddisoncollage_zpslrovw0cy.jpg

Edited by SarasMum

So sorry that you had to say goodbye to your beautiful girl. Maddison looked like a real sweetie and a very loved family member. I have also lost a GSD to haemangiosarcoma. RIP Maddison :rainbowbridge:

Rest easy beautiful Madison at the :rainbowbridge:

Sarasmum it is just so hard to lose a heart dog that means the world to you and just so quickly take it easy and remember the wonderful times spent together, i lost my heart dog five years ago next month and I still grieve for him, then I think of all the wonderful times we had together and the funny little games he would play and I smile again for I know he would not want me to be sad.

:kissbetter::hug: to you and your family.

A week today. I feel like my head is just a lead balloon at the moment. I am so emotional, I don't think I have cried this much since I lost my dear old mum. I even cried at work. You will be home in two days my fluffy one, thankfully it has rained a treat and the ground is now all soft ready to plant your Crab Apple. I am sure you will like your final resting spot. One end of the yard near the house so you can keep an eye on everyone and everything that is going on xxx

• 5 months later...

6 months have passed now and I miss you everyday. Now that spring and summer are coming little things keep popping up that remind me of you. The kids having their first swim of the season and you weren't barking at the pool fence. The flies are out and you loved nothing more than to chase them all day. Not having to check for grass seeds in your paws and coat. frown.gif

I hope there are lots of flies and water over the bridge my beautiful girl xxx

Still early and so many things happen each day to remind us that they are gone forever. :cry: I was looking at some videos of the dogs (and especially Danny) a couple of days ago and thought how lucky we are to live in an era when we don’t have to rely on our imperfect memories to see our beautiful ones again.

:hug::flower:

• 6 months later...

This past year has gone by so fast.  We have gone from having two lively, naughty dogs to a house with one now elderly old girl.  She has aged so much since Maddison has been gone.  Sari is 12.5 and does not do much more than spend her days by the fire or on a comfy bed.  I am sue she misses Maddison terribly. We all do.